Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Traveling with my 5yr old DS????

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM
  • 16 Replies
My ds and I are leaving in the morning to fly to NC to see family. Neither of us have ever flown before :( For the ladies who have what did you bring to keep you child(ren) occupied? I am bringing his leap pad but that will only last for a short time. This will be a 7hr flight. Also did/can you bring your own snacks and juice for you child from home or do you have to buy at the airport? I don't know what kind of rules they have as far as what you can bring in a plane. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Snacks yes, drinks must be purchased inside the security checkpoint
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Good luck...

Thomasmom07
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Do the snacks have to be factory sealed or can I make my own snacks like trail mix and fruit and put them in zip lock bags?

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pochaccotx
by Lost on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:55 PM

bring snacks, coloring books and crayons, maybe a small figures have him carry it all in a back pack for him..

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Bring hin his own backpack. Put inside crayons and washable markers. Along with mazes , find the picture and coloring books.If you have a laptop or small dvd player you could bring that and movies with headphones. Put in lots of snacks esp gum or lollipops for take off and landing.

Thomasmom07
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Thanks....I'm going to need lots of luck lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Good luck...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:04 PM
You can pack your own

Quoting Thomasmom07:

Do the snacks have to be factory sealed or can I make my own snacks like trail mix and fruit and put them in zip lock bags?

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BradysMommy887
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Doesnt matter at all, Just buy drinks within the airport. Just some advice dont over pack bags and always put laptops and electronics on the top of your bag and ready to be removed at security.

Quoting Thomasmom07:

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM

A lot of planes have a tv on the back of the seat in front of you. Also, go to the dollar store and buy a bunch of the cheap toys - put half in a bag for him on the way there, and half on the way back. New books - try Where's Waldo or those Search Books (Can You See What I See?)  to keep him busy, new crayons and coloring/activity book. Maybe a couple books you can read to him.

PS Try not to buy him toy planes. You don't want him to pretend it's crashing or something and end up in security!

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM

You can't bring any liquids more then 3oz through security. You can buy stuff to drink at the airport.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)