Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can't keep the house clean!!!!! tips please

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:00 PM
  • 2 Replies
Hi ladies,
I need advice and tips.... IM a super clean person and for.the life of me I cannot kept new house clean I have a small two bedroom and 3 person family . No matter How much I bitch.... No one but me cleans . I cook I clean and IM basically my husband and daughters personal maid and no amount of picking up helps .... So my questions are.....
How do I get my daughter to pick up her toys when shes done playing , without it turning into a war of wills?

And how do I get my husband to pick up after himself( ex. Just take his plate to the sink) something anything .... And put his damn dirty clothes in the hamper?

They both ignore me and say I'll do it or ok and never do it.....

IM so mad about my house and I won't just stop cleaning . It drives Me insane to see everything outta place or dirty.
... Just cause I'm a house wife doesn't mean IM a personal maid....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:04 PM

You take anything he leaves on the floor and put it in a trash bag and toss it on the floor of his closet or down the basement stairs if you have them.If he leaves his plate on the table next timne serve him on paper if he bitches tell him when he grows up and acts like a Big Boy that clears his own dish he can have a real one !

How old is DD? Do you have a good storage system in place for her toys? if so you tell her you have 15 mins to clean up your toys or I take them. Then you follow through. You put them in trash bags and keep them for 2 weeks. If her cleaning skills don't improve make it 4 weeks.

mommy_Frias
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Those ideas sound good and my daughter is 4 about to be 5 and yes I do have alot of storage for her the containers even match her room to make it more kid friendly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)