Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When is it ok to call a BF your SO?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM
  • 4 Replies
I've seen this topic argued once long ago in MC...and I've forgotten the response.

Occasionally, my mind categorizes BF as SO...even though we're still relatively a young relationship. Of course I correct it, knowing how some would receive it.

At what point, aside from engagement or marriage does a boyfriend get counted as an 'SO'.

Just in curiousity. I'm fine with referring to mine as bf. We ARE very close, and seemingly indefinite by now, 'young' relationship or not, but my frequent mistake of ALMOST referring to him as an SO because he feels more like it than someone I've actually married, makes me wonder what the 'official MC ruling' is.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I think of a boyfriend as someone you go out on dates with and a SO is someone you live with and share a life together.

BrighteyedAsh
by Ashley on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM
There's still a blurred line for me there. I have my own apartment, and he has his own house. I'm in a lease.

For us, we go to family functions together...his parents buy my son stuff for holidays as though he's a grandchild. When we get invites to weddings, it's to us as a couple. When he's off, he's generally at my place or me at his. If I'm at his place and he runs errands, I'm content. I do his laundry, clean around the house, cook for him. We shop together, he goes to doctor's with me. Etc so on and so forth. We're at a definite comfort stage.

But, as for me, I stick with bf lest people pass judgement on our timelength.

Quoting Motherof3inNJ:

I think of a boyfriend as someone you go out on dates with and a SO is someone you live with and share a life together.

Anastacia1988
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Call him whatever u want lol nobody's gonna mind or call u out on it
BrighteyedAsh
by Ashley on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Lol you say that but I've seen otherwise.

Although I must admit not lately.

Quoting Anastacia1988:

Call him whatever u want lol nobody's gonna mind or call u out on it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)