Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do avocados taste like?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies

And what do you do with them?  I'm trying to be a bit more healthy.  I'm embarassed that I've never had one that's why I'm anon   lol....

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:14 PM

They are pretty bland...hard to explain. I don't eat them much.

bump

PEEK05
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I think they are gross unless spiced up like into guacamole or something. We don't have them in the house anymore though.  My son can't have them (and anything else that has a pit inside it like peaches, plums, cherries, olives, etc.) and until he is old enough to know exactly what to stay away from, I don't want them in the house.

CV3
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:14 PM

They dont taste like much. Fantastic with Jerk Chicken. Yum. Cant wait to break out the grill.

MomLife16
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Like avocados!
Make them into guacamole, put them in a salad or put them on a sandwich. That's what I do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:16 PM
They are yummy! You can make guacamole out of them, put them on salads in slices, on top of tostadas, tacos, inside burritos, they're versatile.
allsolittle
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:16 PM
2 moms liked this
They taste like heaven on a sandwich
teal_phoenix
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I love them plain but I am weird. I am one of the few. I can't explain the taste other than they have a semi rich taste and the texture is smooth.

I can't explain the taste. If you want to have it plain, I would cut it up and put it in the salads you make. I would have cubed small pieces to get a general idea.

If you still don't like it, then maybe season it up and use it for something lol.

armywifey26
by Krissy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM

This is going to sound weird but I think they taste like what Windex smells like. Does that make sense?? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Taste like crap. Ugh

Ayshren
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM

They can be a little bland..but you can dress them up with onions, spices, etc. I dont eat them too much but they are really good for ya! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)