Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dh just cussed me out in front of our 2 yr old

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies

He was outside working on his car and I was trying to get dd to eat her dinner, but she wouldn't do it.  She would do it if dh was there because that's our normal routine, so I called him to come in.  He may or may not have heard me, but either way, it was getting late, and he knows what time we eat dinner at night.  By the time he came in, I was already cleaning up and dd was crying and still hadn't eaten anything.  I worked 10 hours today, and I'm tired and annoyed so I said, "thanks for your help.  dd won't eat her dinner." He proceeded to yell at me that he was working on the fucking car and I'm a fucking pyscho for blaming him for dd not eating, and fuck you this and fuck you that.  Before I started slinging bad words back, I left the room.

While I'm not a saint, I was very upset that he would talk to me that way in front of our daughter.  This isn't the first time this has happened, and I'm worried she is going to grow up thinking it's ok for her bf or dh to talk to her that way.  My parents never talked to each other that way, but I know his parents did. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM
3 moms liked this
Marriage counseling, stat. If he refuses, I'd walk. If this is a repetitive thing, no way. I'd never allow someone to treat me that way.
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM
2 moms liked this
You could have totally avoided that whole altercation, though I think he could've handled it better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
themissheather
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this
This!

Quoting Anonymous:

Marriage counseling, stat. If he refuses, I'd walk. If this is a repetitive thing, no way. I'd never allow someone to treat me that way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:21 PM
So do something about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I could have avoided it, yes.  But it was a long day, and I was frustrated.  I think him yelling at me is one thing, but not in front of our daughter.

Quoting Litlmama87:

You could have totally avoided that whole altercation, though I think he could've handled it better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I am!  I'm venting on MC.  Isn't that the point in this place?

Quoting mommy_me:

mommy_me
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:25 PM
I mean actively do something about it don't just sit on the Internet where invisible people give you advice get up and do something about this situation

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mommy_me:

Beauty91805
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:26 PM
You two need to talk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:26 PM

So far I haven't gotten advice from anyone. 

Quoting mommy_me:

I mean actively do something about it don't just sit on the Internet where invisible people give you advice get up and do something about this situation

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mommy_me:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)