Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms dealing with panic attacks/depression did you find out what your "trigger" was??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

i just wondered if anyone else found out what "triggered" their panic attacks and/or depression to happen. i had a panic attack that lead to a mental break down and server depression back in dec. it was so bad all i could do is lay around and cry and think of killing myself. i didnt understand what people ment when they said depression hurts until this happen to me. I got help and ive been on citalopharm for a few months plus i do therapy every week. even though i feel "better" i still havent found out what just triggered this to happen to me. in 23 years of life i've never had this happen and it scares me daily.  my family think's its due to abuse i suffered at the hands of my bio father plus my ex boyfriend. while i think maybe it had something to do with it i dont soly blame that... i thought about my poor eating habits since for year's i havent eaten right ( or at all really) and maybe that caused it. idk really. i just wish i knew why this happen, what was my tigger. even though im doing better every day i fear going back to how i was. I dont want to feel that  again plus its not fair to my daughter to watch her mom go through this. idk just needed to talk to someone and im home alone right now

oh bit of history my mom had depression when she was younger after he dad died suddenly when she was 13. my brother had a mental break down about a year ago then i had mine. there is a family history of depression but idk if its just that since mine didnt hit until i was 23 and my brother when he was 20. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:21 PM

My passive agressive husband triggers mine. As soon as he comes throught the door. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

My passive agressive husband triggers mine. As soon as he comes throught the door. 

oh wow im sorry mama. does he know? what have you done to "deal" with it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:25 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:27 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM

People in general trigger mine. I don't trust anyone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

People in general trigger mine. I don't trust anyone.

Oh i know i have trust issues lasting from my ex. he cheated on me and ever since i havent been able to really trust another person. Im also anitsocal as it is so i dont like being around people 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:06 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)