Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ADHD help(Edit)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies
My 3yr old was just diagnosed with ADHD after 3months of OT.His doctor wants me to put him on Ritalin.I want to but not sure of any side effects.Not sure what to do

Edit~Thank you everyone for proving my point.My sil did this to her 3yr old.He was only in OT for a month.No other therapy.He was juat stright put on medication.I have a son with autism who has ALOT of therapist.We at one point thought he had adhd.Even with everything they still would not diagnose him until the age of 5.How can I get threw to her and tell her?I really think she is full of crap with alot of other things she is saying to
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:39 PM
bump
shajdinyak
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Have u cut out sugar, artifical colors, flavora,processed foods?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Don't do it!

ATALHEA
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM
4 moms liked this
I have 5 kids, 3 are ADHD and are medicated (concerta). But honestly I don't think I would medicate a 3 year old at all unless his behavior was so extreem that he was a danger to himself. Maybe you should get a second opinion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gramattmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM

My son has ADHD, I refused to let them give him Ritalin. I have known peoples kids that have been on it and the side effects are horrible, the worst is suicidal thoughts and actions....And the one child was 5 years old and tried to take his life, They ended up putting him on one called Focalin, there are numerous meds for it, if you are not confey with it tell them you dont want him on it, also can google it for more detailed list..

amiesmomma
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think I would listen to a dr who said to medicate a 3-year-old for ADHD.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I 1000x agree!!

Quoting amiesmomma:

I don't think I would listen to a dr who said to medicate a 3-year-old for ADHD.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I won't this young, look into alternatives, unless you have to work and he is a major problem for thedaycare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RMH Travel~~~Where the Real Magic Happens                         

Planning your perfect trip wheather its your first time or your 100th time, we promise to give you a magical trip.

TOP 10 REASONS TO USE A TRAVEL AGENT blog post

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Seriously? ADD and ADHD aren't real.. it's just a gimmick for pharmaceutical companies to get you to take more drugs. He's too young for medicine like that. Think of the long term effects on his liver. Give him a better diet and let him play outside to release energy... Wow.
momwith2monkeys
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Dont do ritalin or concerta or focalin. They gave my son tics. Adderall and vyvanse are better. Both of my kids are on vyvanse.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)