Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My neighbor threatned to call CPS on me just because my ds is doing chores pretty much night and day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies
1 mom liked this

It's spring break for him (he's 12) and last week I gave him a list of about 100 chores to do. He has all the time in the world to do them and he doesn't even have to do most of them if he doesn't want to, but I said I'd pay him 5-20 bucks for all the different ones.

He just wants this xbox thing and 2 games that cost a ridiculous amount so he's working almost night and day, a lot of time in the yard or on the house.

Now my neighbor just came over and said she knows what I've been doing and she's going to call CPS on me for child slave labor!

What do I Do? Is she crazy or do I stop him from doing so much?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh FFS, unless you are out there literally cracking the whip at him she needs to STFU. 

emandab
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Whatever troll.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Lol

Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Well tell her  She needs ot get a life  and stop bieng a bored busy body ... Tell her why she thinks that... I am pretty sure can not get in trouble for that and laugh in her face and  explain why is   doingtihs .. She still whines let them come and you can  show them the fair deal you made...  What a bored looser your neighbor is......

Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM

When she is prooved wroung take her ot court :)

momwith2monkeys
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM
I would have told her to stfu and mind her own damn business. You are not making him to do them he is doing them to earn something that hr wants.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Quoting emandab:

Whatever troll.

A 12 year old painting a fence, and clearing weeds has to be a troll?

shellyplatz
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM
4 moms liked this

If she does call he is plenty old enough to explain why he is working hard.

blessed107
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

rolling on floorIs this lets see how many trolls post can we come up with tonight?

robyann
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM

You aren't making him do it, he's doing it because he wants to, he wants something so badly that he is willing to work hard for it. I would be proud of your ds. Your neighbor has no idea what's really going on , just ignore her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)