Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My neighbor threatned to call CPS on me just because my ds is doing chores pretty much night and day

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It's spring break for him (he's 12) and last week I gave him a list of about 100 chores to do. He has all the time in the world to do them and he doesn't even have to do most of them if he doesn't want to, but I said I'd pay him 5-20 bucks for all the different ones.

He just wants this xbox thing and 2 games that cost a ridiculous amount so he's working almost night and day, a lot of time in the yard or on the house.

Now my neighbor just came over and said she knows what I've been doing and she's going to call CPS on me for child slave labor!

What do I Do? Is she crazy or do I stop him from doing so much?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Replies (31-40):
nancym3
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Or digging a grave to bury a body! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Let her, then when CPS does nothing about it let your neighbor see him (Jokingly) doing something really hard. Like maybe digging a large hole and tell her he's digging you a moat to keep nosy bitches like her away.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Haha that's funny. I googled child labor laws while I was renovating my house. Got some good child labor out of my 7 year old nephew! He did take breaks every 15 minutes for 15 minutes at a time, but eventually got his stuff done. There are rules but only if it's not your own kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Right? Have him dig a grave in broad daylight and stuff some garbage bags full of random things in it lmao. Be like *My mom wasn't too fond of my brother* lol.

Quoting nancym3:

Quoting Anonymous:

Let her, then when CPS does nothing about it let your neighbor see him (Jokingly) doing something really hard. Like maybe digging a large hole and tell her he's digging you a moat to keep nosy bitches like her away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Why would you think this was a troll?  Because she is a good parent and making her child earn what they want instead of giving it to them?  Because the crazy neighbor is saying they will report?  What is wrong with you?

Quoting emandab:

Whatever troll.

MotherOF5Cuties
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Lol wow
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:54 PM
100 chores is excessive, and I'm guessing you already know that.
nancym3
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Lmao! That would be awesome!

Quoting Anonymous:

Right? Have him dig a grave in broad daylight and stuff some garbage bags full of random things in it lmao. Be like *My mom wasn't too fond of my brother* lol.

Quoting nancym3:

Quoting Anonymous:

autodidact
by Snarknado on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:57 PM

not when they are optional. 

Quoting Anonymous:

100 chores is excessive, and I'm guessing you already know that.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Tell her to bring it on, then she can watch the CPS guy laughing as he leaves your house, lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:57 PM

riiight!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured