Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this a good letter of concern to a nieghbor who let their pit play alone with their 3/4 y/o?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM
  • 542 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have neighbor who does not comply with Georgia state law and allows their pit to play alone with their VERY young child. I'm not into confrontation so I figured I'd send him a letter. He's always been really courteous so I'm trying my best not to offend him or make him upset. He's one of the fear friendly neighbors and quite I have let. My letter below in replies.

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM
14 moms liked this
I'd say its none of your business but that's just me. The letter isn't going to change anything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM
8 moms liked this

Some pits are actually very friendly. mine is

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Dear Neighbor,

Let me start off by saying, this letter is in no way meant to be harsh, rude, or condescending. I am simply writing you this to voice my concerns for the safety of the neighborhood.

You have always been kind and friendly and by far one of the most quiet and respectful members of our, sometimes crazy, community. You stick to yourself, are mindful of children playing in the street, ect. However, it has come to my attention that you have a large aggressive breed dog, which looks to be a pit, running loose. As you know there are many children in our neighborhood whom the dog could cross paths with, including your own very young child whom I observed playing, alone I assume, with the dog. I fear for their safety as well as the other animals that rom and play. Code: § 4-8-29. Unlawful acts by owner of a dangerous or vicious dog of  Georgia State law requires all breeds deemed dangerous are " muzzled and restrained by a leash not to exceed six feet in length and is under the immediate physical control of a person capable of preventing the dog from engaging any other human or animal" or be with "unattended with minors".

I completely understand these changes may take some time, however if April 17 passes and no changes are made I will be forced to alert authorities next time I see the pet without a muzzle and leash, roaming alone, or playing unattended with a minor. Violations of the previous laws come with a hefty fine and possible euthanization of the dog.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding my concern for the safety of our community. Your dog seems to be very fond of your child and does seem to be gentle with her, but I was just concerned for her safety as well as everyone in the community. Once again thank you so much for your kindness and consideration.

Your Neighbor

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Ours too. I personally would never leave my child alone with any dog but I wouldn't write a letter of complaint to someone who did.

Quoting Anonymous:

Some pits are actually very friendly. mine is

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:44 PM
6 moms liked this
Quoting nocalmegan:

I'd say its none of your business but that's just me. The letter isn't going to change anything.
The dog can KILL my dog or worse my child. It IS my business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:44 PM
15 moms liked this
Lol I stopped reading at "aggressive breed dog" lol.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Dear Neighbor,

Let me start off by saying, this letter is in no way meant to be harsh, rude, or condescending. I am simply writing you this to voice my concerns for the safety of the neighborhood.

You have always been kind and friendly and by far one of the most quiet and respectful members of our, sometimes crazy, community. You stick to yourself, are mindful of children playing in the street, ect. However, it has come to my attention that you have a large aggressive breed dog, which looks to be a pit, running loose. As you know there are many children in our neighborhood whom the dog could cross paths with, including your own very young child whom I observed playing, alone I assume, with the dog. I fear for their safety as well as the other animals that rom and play. Code: § 4-8-29. Unlawful acts by owner of a dangerous or vicious dog of  Georgia State law requires all breeds deemed dangerous are " muzzled and restrained by a leash not to exceed six feet in length and is under the immediate physical control of a person capable of preventing the dog from engaging any other human or animal" or be with "unattended with minors".

I completely understand these changes may take some time, however if April 17 passes and no changes are made I will be forced to alert authorities next time I see the pet without a muzzle and leash, roaming alone, or playing unattended with a minor. Violations of the previous laws come with a hefty fine and possible euthanization of the dog.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding my concern for the safety of our community. Your dog seems to be very fond of your child and does seem to be gentle with her, but I was just concerned for her safety as well as everyone in the community. Once again thank you so much for your kindness and consideration.

Your Neighbor

ajdahd13
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:44 PM
4 moms liked this

The law is the law. I see no harm in it. 

Im in GA too :) 

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM
14 moms liked this
Or you could just mind your own business. That would be my recommendation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM
13 moms liked this

Thats just a bitch letter, you assume that the child was alone, You assume that the dog is dangerous, and youre threatening to report him. 

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Dear Neighbor,

Your Neighbor

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM
6 moms liked this
Any big dog can KILL your child or dog.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Quoting nocalmegan:

The dog can KILL my dog or worse my child. It IS my business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN