Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel bad that I can't really help...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I found out tonight that my mom had her car repossed. She was behind 3 months payments and to get her car back she needs $1400...My sister told me this when she called me. She said she is trying to see if us sisters can throw some money together to help out my mom. I said I would have to talk to my husband and see what we can do. My sister was at my parents house and she found all over due bills and disconnection notices for different things. They bearly have enough money for food. My sister went and bought my parents some food to eat. I don't understand why they waited so long to say something. One of my sisters flat out refuses to help my parents out at all when just last year alone my parents got my sister, her husband and their 3 kids a place to live in and let them stay at their house until they got their place to live in free of rent, they had food and everything and were not expected to pay anything and when my parents mentions them chipping in a little bit of money my sister and her husband got pissed. I am so mad at that sister right now. Her and her husband live next door and won't help out my parents...I think that is just BS. That sister is also having a party for her 3 boys next month I planned on going to but I am going to use any money I planned on giving to my sister and giving it to my parents.  

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Some people are just selfish, hon. I'm sorry.
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Wow your sister sounds like an ungrateful little bitch sorry. I would give the money to your parents as well. I hope your parents get out of the mess they are in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:04 PM

that one sister of mine is always willing to take things but when it comes to actually helping other out she will not do.

waffa
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Sorry to say it, but she is a user and abuser type person who will take help but never give it back.

How old are your parents? are there any non-profits you can find to help them where you live? I work in Property Mgmt and sometimes the Salvation Army helps pay the rent of some of our tenants who fall behind, so maybe try them?

Quoting Anonymous:

that one sister of mine is always willing to take things but when it comes to actually helping other out she will not do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beware! Thar be trolls in these here threads. wink

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Your sister sounds just like my sil.Her and her dh and son lived with my mother in law for 10 yrs and never gave her a dime and saved up all their money and bought a house with cash.The mother needed a hearing aid and she couldnt dare chip in.It was 2k total,she could have afforded it herself.Her dh owns a tree cutting business and they both work full time and have rental properties, but not a dime for anyone else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:18 PM

oh, so you have a psychopath too, for a sister?? It  sucks, doesn't it....sorry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)