Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What.would you do if he lived with another woman?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
A little background..... We've been best friends for nine years, together one year. I had a miscarriage and neither of us took it well, didn't know how to cope and it caused major problems in our relationship. We started arguing about everything so he moved out so my kids wouldn't have to deal with it. We have talked everyday and see each other regularly. We have been trying to work through everything, but my problem is the friend he moved in with is female. They had sex in the past but are now just friends. I believe he isn't cheating, but still have a problem with it. He isn't from around here so right now his only options are here or there. I would rather him be here, but also don't want him here until we are sure it's going to work. It's been two months if that makes a difference.

Two questions really.... Am I being crazy? What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BabySocks0912
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM

i dont see that ending well for your relationship. i would not be happy with it.. not because i dont trust him, but over time something bad is bound to happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM

not that it makes a difference, but why are they his only options? Cant he find his own apartment? Not trying to be mean, just curious. 

But no youre not crazy, maybe insecure? If you fully trust him, and really believe he isnt/wont be cheating then I dont see why it should be a problem. But thats just my opinion. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:10 PM
That's a long story in itself, but he can't afford his own apartment right now. Pretty sure I lost my mind when I lost the baby because I walked out of a job I've had for five years and was about to get a promotion. Also he would have to sign a lease which is one year. We are both hoping it won't take that long to figure it out.

Pretty sure you are right about being insecure though. My ex cheated a lot. I don't believe he is or will, but it's still hard.

Quoting Anonymous:

not that it makes a difference, but why are they his only options? Cant he find his own apartment? Not trying to be mean, just curious. 

But no youre not crazy, maybe insecure? If you fully trust him, and really believe he isnt/wont be cheating then I dont see why it should be a problem. But thats just my opinion. 

ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:34 PM

well being in a relationship puts anyone at risk at getting their heartbroken. at some point you will have to leave the past where it belongs and find a way to move on and reconsile with him or go on your way.

does he know your concerns? is he sensitive to them, is he trying to keep your trust?

if this is the major problem then it needs to be addressed obviously. but if hes not sleeping with her, than its your fear and thats something you should work on.kwim?

if it were me, id give it the benifit of the doubt. at least i know that IF it didnt work out i know i did my best and did my part to work things out and IF things do work out, youll be happy that you got though it and past it.

a lot to think about. youve known him for what 10 years? your best friend. that says a lot to me but you know him better than i do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)