Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My SD is going to hate her sister because of you!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

My dh and I have been paying for my SD to take all the dance classes she wants. My dd has been taking about the same amount of classes. (We have my SD all week her mom only has her on weekends) Recently my dd has joined the competition team. My SD wants to join as well however her mom refuses to let her join because she "hates" that her dd is in dance in the first place. She thinks its a waste of her dds time. The competition team has competitions almost every other weekend. My SD LOVES dance and i know she is jealous over her sister being on the competition team. I don't know what to do. I feel so bad for her. Its something she really wants and I would never hinder that.

BTW: this wouldnt be a problem if she actually spent time with her dd on her time. my SD is with a babysitter or her step dad the whole weekend because her mom is off being "busy" drinking with her friends.

We have proof of this and our going to court to get a court mandated alcohol counseling for her to see her dd anymore.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Well, it's on her mom's time and it's her mom's choice, not yours. Maybe her mom wants to spend the little time she has with her, actually with her?

BabySocks0912
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:51 PM

i think your title is a bit dramatic. doesnt her father have say as well? i mean, what can you really do about it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Her mom doesnt even spend time with her she has told her father and me hundreds of times that she is with a babysitter or her step dad the whole time. Courts wont listen to her till after shes 14

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, it's on her mom's time and it's her mom's choice, not yours. Maybe her mom wants to spend the little time she has with her, actually with her?

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Maybe sit the BM down and talk to her and express how much your SD loves dance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:54 PM

She has already said to us and her dd that she doesnt believe in dance and doesnt want her dd "socialized" in her words

Quoting AF2011:

Maybe sit the BM down and talk to her and express how much your SD loves dance.

robyann
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Maybe your dh can talk to dsd's mom and try to work out some kind of agreement. Maybe you could agree to pick her up for the competetions. You may even be able to get the judge to order it. If she won't cooperate, ask your lawyer. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Well what do you want? Do you want the judge to take away mom's time so that she can be in more dance classes? Get over it, if it is so bad that it will cause such bad family strife then don't let any of them in it. Otherwise explain to the girls that they have two different mothers (if not both parents) and that's why sometimes, one will get to do things that they other doesn't get to do.

They might as well get used to that idea, since they have different parents, things like this will only come up more and more. My step mom used to try to say I couldn't drive my car over there during my visits because my step siblings would get jealous that they didn't have a car.

Quoting Anonymous:

Her mom doesnt even spend time with her she has told her father and me hundreds of times that she is with a babysitter or her step dad the whole time. Courts wont listen to her till after shes 14

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Im sure your husband has some say in it as well..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:57 PM
She wont hate her sis, she will resent her mom for not allowing her to dance.
PEEK05
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:57 PM

That is really sad. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)