Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I WILL NOT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I will not force my child to eat. She ate a good lunch today and ate most of her dinner, she wanted out of her eat chair so I let her out. My fiance started yelling at me saying she had to finish all her food. Shes 2 and I don't feel like I should force her to eat all her food (again she ate a good amont) so do any of you force your child to eat everything on there plate? Or are you happy if thay eat most of it?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mama_Dolly
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM

im happy as long as they try everything. and eat until they feel satisfied... but what I make is what they eat... I am not a restaurant... 

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope, forcing them to eat tells them not to listen to their own hunger cues
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:49 PM

No, I don't force my children to eat. They know when they're full.  I'm not going to force them into overeating. 

They do know however, if they DON'T finish their food, or eat very very little of it... 15 minutes later, they're not getting a snack. haha

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

wulfeyes05
by Bigby Wolf on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:49 PM

As long as they eat something I'm happy

edelweiss23
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I don't force my kids to clean their plates. That is what caused eating problems in me when I was younger.
I let them eat until they say they are full, then they are done
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Never force a child to finish their plate teach them to stop when full. Always having to eat everything can cause eating disorders
Erna2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:51 PM

When they were young, I would put just a small amount on their plate and encouraged them to finish. They could always get seconds. But unless they finished the first plate, there was no dessert. I knew they could eat as much as I gave them.

paknari
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:51 PM
I don't force my dd to finish anything. I won't however give her something else. She eats what is served and when she is done she is done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:52 PM

i don't force her necessarily. she doesn't eat as much as i think she should, so i make her sit in her seat. usually she'll pick and eat a little bit more, then i'll let her down. but i don't tell her you need to all of it.

hotmama83227
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:52 PM

i do "force" them to clean their plates....HOWEVER i only ever give them what i know they can eat. they can always have more if they want more. and I'm just gonna throw this in for the moms who say this is how kids become obese, NONE of my kids are, i have 4. My thing is, if they don't eat, they'll be hungry. and i don't want that, and i don't want to make them a separate dinner later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)