Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why the f**k do your kids go to different schools?!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:57 PM
  • 56 Replies

My dd is starting kindergarten next year. i got the acceptance letter last week for her that she got in to a language immersion school. im estatic, i think this is a wonderful opportunity for her. The only problem is that she would go to a different school than her brother (who will be going into second grade) the schools are about 5min apart from each other but in different school districts. I cannot transfer my son into this school because of they way they work i would have to have him completely bilingual by the end of the summer. So..... would you do it?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jiffypop2207
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Why not? If it doesn't stress you out to go to PTA meetings and such at two different schools and the immersion is really important, then you should go for it! Your daughter will thank you for it later.

mommy053008
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:03 PM
I don't see the big deal. I'd rather my kids go to the same school but there are reasons, like this, to send your kids to separate schools.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Yes, I'd do it.  Lots of kids are in different schools when they get older anyway.  Like one in high school, one in middle school, one in elementary..

illogicalkat
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Sure. My sister and I were always in different school districts. It isn't much different from having one in elementary school & the other in middle school.

firespurity
by Emerald Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:07 PM
yes
Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:07 PM

DS goes to a different school than DD and my other DS because he is autistic and needs an ABA 1:1 program which is not offered at their school. They bus him and it doesn't matter to me. I want DS to be in a class to suit his needs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:07 PM

What's the problem? So what if they go to different schools

soon2bmomof3619
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I see nothing wrong with it, but I am curious as to why DS was never applied for this school, was it not an option at the time? Not bashing or judging just curious.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Yeah, I think it'll be great for your DD.   It's not a huge deal that they're at different schools.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)