Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/o child forced to eat vegan

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 90 Replies
Many of you said they can feed the child what they want to.

How do you feel about letting children express themselves and having their own beliefs? I know many here are all about not holding kids back and letting them be themselves. Like dressing themselves playing dressup in princess dresses, playin with make up or dolls, to believe or not in God etc?

So if you said they can feed how thy want to, what's the difference if you believe in child expression?

Edit: I'm NOT talking cake, chips soda etc. no junk.... I'm talking fish and chicken. There are ways to prepare it healthy like baking or broiling it.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:29 PM
My son can wear whatever he wants as long as it is weather appropriate
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:31 PM
How did you reply to the vegan post? That's what I'm trying to see. If he can express himself in clothing why hold him back on foods if its healthy? Meat can and is healthy in moderation.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

delilahsmom1177
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM

My DD is 5, she picks out what she wears most days but eatting whatever she wants is much different. That is her health so no at 5 she has no control. Also i teach her my craft(my faith) and when she is older she can choose her own path, but again she is 5.

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
There are adult sized decisions and child sized choices
My adult decision is that we are having veggies with dinner. Ds gets the child sized choice of which veggie he would like.

Clothing doesnt impact his health, what he eats does

Quoting Anonymous:

How did you reply to the vegan post? That's what I'm trying to see. If he can express himself in clothing why hold him back on foods if its healthy? Meat can and is healthy in moderation.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:36 PM
So eating fish and chicken in moderation is unhealthy and should be thought that way?

I'm not saying let her eat pizza rolls chips dip and soda.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

My DD is 5, she picks out what she wears most days but eatting whatever she wants is much different. That is her health so no at 5 she has no control. Also i teach her my craft(my faith) and when she is older she can choose her own path, but again she is 5.

delilahsmom1177
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

If that is what she wants to teach her child that is what she should be able to do. 

Quoting Anonymous:

So eating fish and chicken in moderation is unhealthy and should be thought that way?

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I know a mom who makes her kids eat vegan. they don't look healthy, imo.

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:38 PM
3 moms liked this
My kid/kids(if i have another) will eat whatever I cook, whether its meat or vegan. I am not a short order cook.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Completely understand that. I'm just trying to grasp how forcing a child to eat vegan or letting him eat fish and chicken is unhealthy? I wouldn't load him down with a fried chicken or fish but baked or filled is healthy with portion control.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

There are adult sized decisions and child sized choices

My adult decision is that we are having veggies with dinner. Ds gets the child sized choice of which veggie he would like.

Clothing doesnt impact his health, what he eats does

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I think she's setting herself up for rebellion. There are choices but as he gets older it won't be as easy. All I can say is poor child :-/ it makes me sad.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

If that is what she wants to teach her child that is what she should be able to do. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN