• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD's dad hasn't seen her in 10 1/2 weeks

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:35 PM
  • 2 Replies

and honestly I am thrilled. My daughter will be turning 5 in a few days, me and her dad have been divorced since she was 2. He used to do his regular visitation which was every other weekend and a total of 6 weeks of the summer split up, we also did every other holiday. My lawyer made me agree to it and I couldn't afford to hire a different one even though I didn't agree. Anyway, so for the most part he always did his visitation and then it seemed to be slowing down about the time he got with his girlfriend that he has lived with for awhile (I honestly don't know how long) he started forgetting weekends and I'd remind him, then I got tired of it and told him he had to remember.

Well come December 2012 he was supposed to have her the weekend of the 8th, I asked about switching the weekend so she could to a friend's birthday party and he said ok. Well then I didn't hear from him til the week before Christmas, I had been in town (we don't live in the same town) and he finally got ahold of me on the thursday of that week. Well I replied to his text and he didn't get back til me til midnight, I was leaving town in the morning, I left town with her and he finally texted again in the afternoon, but I was almost home (2 1/2 hours away) so it was too late. He tried to get her on Christmas Eve but it was my year to have her for Christmas. I then didn't hear from him until January and he finally had her after about a month and a half without seeing her. He proceeded to have her in two weeks again for his weekend, but she came home with lice (for the 8th time). That was the weekend of January 19th.

He was supposed to have her the first weekend of Feb. but I asked if we could switch a weekend again because it was the best weekend for my boyfriends parents to take her to Disneyworld (their Christmas present to her) and he agreed. Well then I never heard from him. He was going to get her the weekend before that, but I never heard from him. I ended up not hearing from him again until about 2 1/2 weeks ago. He apparently is a truck driver now and is on the road all the time. He wanted her for a weekend but worked weekends and I said I wouldn't send her to his place if he wasn't going to be there, he said he'd get a weekend off. Well he did and I asked if the lice problem was taken care of and I never heard back and he still didn't see her, though he talked to her a bit. His mom got ahold of me and asked to have her a weekend because it had been so long since she'd seen her and I was nice and let her come get her and then she drove to drop her off too.

So 10 1/2 weeks without seeing her dad and she doesn't seem to care. He was behind on child support, finally started paying a little last year then quit this year, then I got his tax return to pay back child support, no more child support since. He has talked to her one time in this 10 1/2 weeks and even though his truck pick up and drop offs are here in my town he hasn't even asked to see her for a little bit even though I said he could. To tell you the truth I'd be fine if he went away forever, he kept disappointing our daughter anyway and my boyfriend (of a year and a half-father of my second child) treats her like his own. Sorry to say but after the way my ex was to me in our marriage and the way he barely cares to see or talk to her, I am glad he seems to be staying away now...she doesn't even miss him

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I really appreciate it when loser Dads leave their kids the fuck alone.
So much better than the assholes who call once in a blue moon promising to "see the kid soon".

stargazerwolf
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Yep, I just hope he stays away. Eventually I hope he just signs over his rights so if me and my boyfriend ever get married he can adopt her and we can change her last name. We'll see though...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)