Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe you feel this way too...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM
  • 11 Replies

It is almost that time...time for the talk. I am getting really nervous. I know for a scientific stand point he will be fine. He may even find the concepts interesting. The talk itself will be fine. It is life after the talk I fear. Its like he will be so grown. Too grown. I know many of you Momma's have boys older than mine (he is 10). Any advice? I want him to understand all the ins and outs I just want him to be my innocent little boy as long as possible also..

We have already discussed deoderant, and pimples, and body hair but that is as far as we have gotten in all of that..

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is four and we have started with little bits of the talk. Just be open about it let him lead the conversation. Maybe ask him what he knows already and go from there
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM
2 moms liked this
I dont believe in "the talk" per se, I believe in discussions along the way

Ds is 7 and knows about penises and vaginas, sperm and erections
Yellowlily333
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:49 PM
thats basically what we have done so far, but I think its almost time to dive in a lil more..
Quoting peanutsmommy1:

I dont believe in "the talk" per se, I believe in discussions along the way

Ds is 7 and knows about penises and vaginas, sperm and erections
Yellowlily333
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM

when he has questions about anything about any topic he always asks. So I *think* I know all that he knows.

Quoting KelliansMom:

My son is four and we have started with little bits of the talk. Just be open about it let him lead the conversation. Maybe ask him what he knows already and go from there

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Then just keep talking :) the discussion can always happen they don't just stop bc you have had "the talk"

Quoting Yellowlily333:

when he has questions about anything about any topic he always asks. So I *think* I know all that he knows.

Quoting KelliansMom:

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is 13.  He's a really quiet, mature kid.  My husband and I have both been talking to him about this stuff for years, and he hates it because he's embarrassed, but when his 10 year old cousin (who is a total handful) asked him questions, he gave him so advice and then told my SIL what her son was asking about.  Very proud of him.

MsRkg
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is 9 and knows practically the whole process behind how a baby is made. We started explaining the concepts early and got more detailed as he got older and asked different questions. He is a naturally curious child.

Yellowlily333
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I did consider telling him that part sooner. BUT we have been ttc for 7 years. My son is a really pratical thinker and I think if he knew what sex was he would prob be like "you guys should have sex so I can have a little brother or sister" Maybe I am wierd but I dont want to hear that out of my sweet little boys mouth just yet.

Quoting MsRkg:

My son is 9 and knows practically the whole process behind how a baby is made. We started explaining the concepts early and got more detailed as he got older and asked different questions. He is a naturally curious child.

Yellowlily333
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM

That is cool. The only time my son ever got embarrassed about anything was when the school nurse had a deodorant talk with the class. We had already discussed it at home. He does not need it yet, but we have agreed that if he wants it, or we think he may need it we will get it for him. Hearing about it at school was uncomfortable though.

Quoting rebeccab1966:

My son is 13.  He's a really quiet, mature kid.  My husband and I have both been talking to him about this stuff for years, and he hates it because he's embarrassed, but when his 10 year old cousin (who is a total handful) asked him questions, he gave him so advice and then told my SIL what her son was asking about.  Very proud of him.

Yellowlily333
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM

thank you

Quoting KelliansMom:

Then just keep talking :) the discussion can always happen they don't just stop bc you have had "the talk"

Quoting Yellowlily333:

Quoting KelliansMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)