Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy $#!t...what do you think of this?.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Ok across the street from our house is the park and the police station is right next to it ( our front yard on the left side has the police station parking lot right across from it) That's how close we are.

Ok...so I get that there are sometimes emergencies. But the way the police tear out.of the parking lot scares me sometimes! To their right is the highway down the street a block,across the street a daycare center, city hall, community center and Walgreens. To the left is the houses on my side of the street and the park and some apartment buildings. Then a cross street surrounded by the neighborhood of houses.

The police go tearing towards the neighborhood every time! I figure they turn at the cross street and go down a few blocks to merge onto the other highway.

But OMG! They are really going fast! They don't even.stop to look when leaving the parking lot! There are kids everywhere. Yikes! Its really loud. Makes my heart pound a little
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM

You should complain. I would draft a letter with your concerns and pass it around your neighborhood getting lots of signatures.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Maybe you should go into the station and speak to an officer about it. Instead of just worrying about it. Cops are people too and accidents happen, it's possible that a cop will rush out and hit a kid. Get some extra people to back you up if you need to. Just try to be polite, a lot of cops can have a God complex...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

You should complain. I would draft a letter with your concerns and pass it around your neighborhood getting lots of signatures.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM

move -_-

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep. My exdh and I were t-boned by a cop running a red light going on a call. Thank god neither of us were seriously injured that day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I want to but the cops are our neighbors. I already had a situation with someone in my yard ( we kind of live in a rough area) and the sargent said to me " don't worry, the person was probably just.hiding in your yard" " that's what you get for living.in this town".ugh

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM
If it were that easy I would

Quoting Anonymous:

move -_-

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I'm sure they watch where they are going when they are leaving there and are aware there is a park there.  You just don't like the noise and you're paranoid.  If it worries you that much you probably should move. 

OkWolfe
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Maybe go there and speak to someone. First tell them thank you for everything they do, and that they are appreciated. Then tell them you have some concerns about how they speed thru the neighborhood without checking for children. That you just don't want to see anyone hurt.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok across the street from our house is the park and the police station is right next to it ( our front yard on the left side has the police station parking lot right across from it) That's how close we are.

Ok...so I get that there are sometimes emergencies. But the way the police tear out.of the parking lot scares me sometimes! To their right is the highway down the street a block,across the street a daycare center, city hall, community center and Walgreens. To the left is the houses on my side of the street and the park and some apartment buildings. Then a cross street surrounded by the neighborhood of houses.

The police go tearing towards the neighborhood every time! I figure they turn at the cross street and go down a few blocks to merge onto the other highway.

But OMG! They are really going fast! They don't even.stop to look when leaving the parking lot! There are kids everywhere. Yikes! Its really loud. Makes my heart pound a little

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Get a couple of these and put out by the curb.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)