Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I came home and stuffed my face.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I'm sad all the time lately. It started a year ago or so....I would get severe mood swings, angry flashes out of nowhere and crying spells a few days after my period. Sometimes I feel sad for days and days for no reason.

I've since started skipping periods occaisionally, and this last time....I went almost three full months without a period.

The mood swings have gotten worse.

I know I should go see a doctor. I have health insurance. I'm just scared and when I'm in the worst parts of the it I just lack motivation to do anything about it.I lack motivation to do anything. My house gets messy, I get distracted at work, my relationship suffers because I get snappy and irritable and sometimes I even blow up at my husband. He doesn't deserve it either.

I had an appointment to see my doctor today, and I cancelled it and went to the store, bought a huge cheesecake and  and came home and stuffed my face. Then I cried.

I'm just sad and scared. I feel alone. I have my husband and a few friends but I just feel so disconnected from everyone and I feel like even when I'm with them, I'm just alone.

I don't know how to fix it. I've commented a few times to my husband and friends but I feel like they don't really get how bad it is, and I hate talking about it. It makes me feel weak.

Has anyone else experience this?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:33 PM

menopause?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I'm 26. lol

ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Cheesecake sounds good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:40 PM

menopause can happen at any age.

Your depressed but unless you choose to get help nothing will change. I don't feel sorry for you. You have insurnace and the means to get help, you chose to eat cheesecake instead.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I don't think I was asking for sympathy, but thanks for being so supportive anwyays.  Dick.

Quoting Anonymous:

menopause can happen at any age.

Your depressed but unless you choose to get help nothing will change. I don't feel sorry for you. You have insurnace and the means to get help, you chose to eat cheesecake instead.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:56 PM

She's a DICK for being truthful? Don't expect others to be supportive when you don't take the steps to help yourself. They will support you all the way to the grave you eat yourself into.

Hope you had strawberries with that cheese cake. yum

amaroq86
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Your situation seems similar to a friend of mine. She went to the doctor and started medication. She is doing much better now. I know it's scary and sometimes embarassing to seek help but it's the best thing you can do. I hope you can get this figured out and feel better :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM

No. She's a dick for being a dick.

Quoting Anonymous:

She's a DICK for being truthful? Don't expect others to be supportive when you don't take the steps to help yourself. They will support you all the way to the grave you eat yourself into.

Hope you had strawberries with that cheese cake. yum

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:59 PM

What did she go on medication for, do you know?

And, thank you.

Quoting amaroq86:

Your situation seems similar to a friend of mine. She went to the doctor and started medication. She is doing much better now. I know it's scary and sometimes embarassing to seek help but it's the best thing you can do. I hope you can get this figured out and feel better :)

amaroq86
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:04 PM
She has problems with irregular periods and it was making her depressed and moody. She is still trying to get them straightened out but the medication is for the depression and moodiness.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)