Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM...why does noone support me??!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

i have been a SAHM for almost 4 years now. I really feel like i need to get a part time job. i feel this way for a few reasons...we do good on just DHs income but if we ever run into a problem i would like to know i can contribute if needed, i am home all day with 5 kids and need some away time with adults, and even though i highly doubt it but if by slim chance DH ever decides to walk out i would like to know that i have at least some kind of income coming in, also i dont know if this makes sence but i know who i am as a wife and a mom but i feel like i dont know who i am for just me anymore because the only thing i do is be a wife and a mom all day...feels like i lost my identity i guess you could say. I dont have many friends just a few select close ones and then DH and my family. Of course i have nobody supporting me with this idea of going back to work, everyone thinks that my job is here taking care of the kids and that is it. No questions really just needed to vent...wishing that the people i love would see this is important to me and be at least a little supportive!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM

What are you going to do with 5 kids all day and summers when you are at work?

VannaMae307
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Well I can't relate to the 5 kids, I only have 1, but I have started volunteering and because of that I have 3 high paying job offers and havent even gotten my degree yet (1 year away). If you want to get out for adult interactions, consider being a volunteer somewhere...it gives experience and it isn't a huge commitment.

Pnukey
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:08 PM

What type of job are you thinking of getting? Maybe if you had a more solid plan, and not just "I want to work" they will be more supportive. I'd go nuts if I had to stay home all the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:10 PM

was planning on a evening job a few nights a week when DH is home 

Quoting Anonymous:

skittlesmonster
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I feel ya sista! I know exactly how you feel...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:12 PM

i told them i was thinking of going back to waitressing a few evenings a week. would be looking for part time for a few hours after DH is home from work...DH and family says I dont need any job my house and kids are my job 

Quoting Pnukey:

What type of job are you thinking of getting? Maybe if you had a more solid plan, and not just "I want to work" they will be more supportive. I'd go nuts if I had to stay home all the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:14 PM

That sounds perfect!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Pnukey
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Then, since DH is going to be home anyway, go out and see if you can get one.  You don't need to ask permission or get approval for this. Try it. That's the only way you and they will know if it's a good idea.

Quoting Anonymous:

i told them i was thinking of going back to waitressing a few evenings a week. would be looking for part time for a few hours after DH is home from work...DH and family says I dont need any job my house and kids are my job 

Quoting Pnukey:

CV3
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Ill trade ya!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:17 PM

not according to any of my family it doesnt! lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

That sounds perfect!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)