Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what kind of bresastpump does wic give out?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I need a manual for work.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Pretty positive its electric. Can I ask why you NEED a manual for work? Electric would be so much easier and faster!

funny_girl3
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Where I live they loan you a portable electric pump if you work.  I think it depends on where you live.

Blessedlife79
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Most times a manual will not be enough if you will be working FT. You should get a good electric pump :)

Ayshren
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM
I didnt know they did..but thats pretty cool!
Bitemebetty
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Minr manual with a hand pump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckythreemom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Medela dual automatic. In Mi. Once you have nursed 6 wks
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I just figured i wouldnt have to lug it in & take up so much space. Plus i could do it in the bathroom.

Quoting Anonymous:

Pretty positive its electric. Can I ask why you NEED a manual for work? Electric would be so much easier and faster!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Well i JUST now stopped all formula. Finally got my supply up. Baby is 6m

Quoting luckythreemom:

Medela dual automatic. In Mi. Once you have nursed 6 wks

soon2bmomof3619
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I got a dual Medela hospital grade pump, they do also have manual, but I think they will try to give you the electric if you are working, and I do believe mine had the pieces to use as a manual pump too. They gave me mine, it was not a loan out. I got it brand new and they told me that they could not give it to someone else when I was done with it. I asked if they wanted it back when I was done because I know how expensive they are, but in the long run, it is so much cheaper to give a woman a nice electric breast pump than to provide over a hundred dollars worth of formula every month for a year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Most of them don't take up much space at all, they're usually housed in a bag thats smaller than a diaper bag =)

And they really should provide you with a space other than a bathroom (in fact I think its a law)

Quoting Anonymous:

I just figured i wouldnt have to lug it in & take up so much space. Plus i could do it in the bathroom.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)