Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So much for loyalty!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM
  • 17 Replies

I posted about my frustration with my big brother's new girlfriend a few days ago. Long story short... She doesn't like me because I'm overweight. (And I'm just going to keep getting heavier as my pregnancy progresses.) I was offended because it was the lamest excuse ever! Then today, my brother confessed that the reason he wasn't that upset with her was because he "kinda agreed with her" and decided to let me know that he thinks I"m "unhealthy" and "Let myself go." He said that his girlfriend encouraged him to be honest with me. 

My response was simple, "Is she worth this bullshit?"

... Who do I slap first? I'm all for honesty but not if its simple intolerance.  Because its always a good idea to tell an expecting mother that has to put on more weight for her baby -(My healthy weight gain is 15-25 lbs.)- that she is too heavy. 

So now my older brother has hurt my feelings and is clearly choosing his shallow girlfriend over family. What should I do? What would you do?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
smack the fricken shit outta both of them!!!!! That's ridiculous and a pathetic excuse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beachbabies6
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:14 PM

That was really mean of them , don't worry about it

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

That's an effed up thing to say. Sounds like she's trying to get inbetween your brother and you. I'd slap her then slap him for being pussy whipped.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:16 PM

There really isnt much you can do hun..Im sorry youre hurt:( They sound like a pair of bitches.

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:17 PM
You are pregnant and this is the only time we can gain weight and be ok
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Just wait until she gets pregnant and let her know just how unhealthy and nasty she looms!
anotherhalf
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Is there any chance that he was sincere in what he said?  If so, then he's great for caring but gave a shitty ill-timed delivery.  If he's full of it, then he's being a dick.  I'd tell him honestly what I thought of his remarks.

PerfectVirgo
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I'd just tell them to stay the fuck away from me.

But I have no problem telling people to leave me alone.

ivy801
by Big Mama on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Smack him on the back of the head and tell him to stfu and he better not bring his ff around or she's gonna get jump by my younger sister and brother for talking g smack like that. I'm actually the oldest.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I'd be a sweet and say I know it's just pitiful isn't it.......... then I'd wait for the Bitch I mean GF to get pregnant and send her the cake of the week subscription along with doughnut of the day subscription etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)