Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the first movie your child saw in a theater?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:30 PM
  • 61 Replies

The first time i took my dd to a movie theater was when she was 4, and we went to see Finding Nemo. Unfortunately she was freaked out. Between her saying it was too scary and her covering her ears and screaming that it was too loud, we didn't have a really great time. In fact, we had to leave partway through the movie.

So how old was your child when you first took them to the movie theater, what movie was it and how did they like it?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:32 PM

he was 4 and we saw brave...was a bit of a let down for the grown ups but he enjoyed it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:34 PM
They were in head start they saw....the Christmas movie with the train...I can't remember the dang name!
Armywifeholcomb
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Took her to see Alvin and the Chipmunks the squeakquel 2 months before her 3rd bday (Christmas day & first time she met DH) she had a hard time sitting still near the end. We tried again on her bday(Vday) and she watched it no problem.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pce68
by Patti on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Polar Express

Quoting Anonymous:

They were in head start they saw....the Christmas movie with the train...I can't remember the dang name!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Good boy when my ds was 4. He is 16 now.

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:37 PM

The Santa Claus 3, The Escape Clause!

pce68
by Patti on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I guess my odd child was the only one out there that freaked out the first time she went to the movies. She scared very easily and sounds bother her a lot. She's almost 14 now and still doesn't really care for the movies. She doesn't freak out anymore but she really prefers not to go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Thank you!

Quoting pce68:

Polar Express

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM

LOL, the first movie we took my oldest DD to was Texas Chainsaw Massacre...She was like 3-4 months old and slept in her car seat the whole time while me and DH enjoyed the movie. She didn't even know anything. The next time I took them was when oldeest was 4 and youngest was 3 and it was Bee Movie

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:40 PM

TMNT. She was 4, and she loved it.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)