Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just went and spent some time with my cousin, who just went through one of the worst things a wife ever could go through.

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM
  • 74 Replies

Her husband suddenly died last week at the age of 35(heart problem). She found him dead in the early morning when  she woke up. They have a 5 year old little girl.

So today and I sat and talked to her and I let her just vent to me. She told me how she found him, how she'll never be the same without him. That was her first and only love. The only boyfriend she ever had. How angry she is. And how he just taught their little girl to ride her bike the day before. How she begged in the hospital for one last kiss while he was still warm and was denied and how angry that has her. We did have some laughs. But I think the talking just is helping her grieve in some way. Everything she said made me heart hurt, whether it was a good memory or about his death. I just know she lost someone so special and I feel so incredibly sad for her. 

But it just made me realize how petty some of my arguments with DH can be and how fast you can lose the love of you life. I'm not a cuddler but these past few nights I've snuggled up close to him. 

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kayandjsmom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Bump!

MamaToCollin
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry for her loss. That is heartbreaking. It's good she has you to vent to and lean on for support.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Omg, that is awfulđź’” I'm glad she has you to lean on. Sometimes, even though it's sad, it takes something like that to open our eyes on how some things are so petty. Although, I am sure it won't, I hope the pain subsides a little over time.

ladyluvbug03
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
So sorry for your cousin. I couldn't imagine what she is going through. Life is short and you never know when your breath will be its last. I know dh and I will fight but its a rule in our house to never go to bed or leave the house angry. We set it aside and make sure we miss and say I love you. I think it makes us stronger to put petty stuff aside and realize it will get better and to always let each other know how much we care.
starlight91
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Sorry for her loss.

lisairv
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I'm sorry for her loss. I can't imagine how she felt when she found him.

kayandjsmom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Thankfully she has my best friend, her sister. I went and talked to her today but my best friend is having her at her house, cooking for her and stayed over at her house the day of the funeral. She is really helping her so much in her time of need.

Quoting MamaToCollin:

I'm sorry for her loss. That is heartbreaking. It's good she has you to vent to and lean on for support.

kayandjsmom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:20 PM

That's sweet. Good rule. Dh and I are actually very good to talk about any problems we have with each other so we don't fight for long. But some things we fight over can be silly.

Quoting ladyluvbug03:

So sorry for your cousin. I couldn't imagine what she is going through. Life is short and you never know when your breath will be its last. I know dh and I will fight but its a rule in our house to never go to bed or leave the house angry. We set it aside and make sure we miss and say I love you. I think it makes us stronger to put petty stuff aside and realize it will get better and to always let each other know how much we care.

illinoismommy83
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:21 PM

So sorry for your cousin's loss. That is so sad :( 

Why did the hospital deny her a last kiss? That seems so horrible of them :(

heavenly1462
by Jessica on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Wow. I couldn't even imagine. I'm so sorry for her loss!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)