• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bladder Spasms?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:13 PM
  • 6 Replies

Anyone deal with bladder spasms..

In a nutshell...  most know i had back surgery last july and every since ive been having issues peeing.. i have to strain to go :l  Well I started seeing a really nice urologist and he did a series of tests which showed i have the bladder of an 80 yr old.  OMG!  Final dx with a neurogenic bladder.  Well, a few days after that diagnosis i got my latest mri reports which showed i have epidural fibrosis around my s1 nerve root...  ugh permanent nerve damage.  So it all makes sense now why my bladder is not functioning like it should..  erh like it did before surgery!  I'm pretty upset about all of this but i've been learning to cope.. i mean what can i do?  So anyway since this past weekend ive been having weird pains down there (my bladder area) like someone punched me!!  I called my urologist whom i see on an as needed basis and he's booked.  I can't get in there until the 23rd.  So i'll be calling my primary dr tomorrow to see if she can help in the meantime.. it's extremely painful  :(  I'm guessing i'll have no choice but to start cathetering myself to pee.....  the nurse said it sounds like bladder spasms and i'll probbably need to start doing the catheter.  Ugh.  I do not want to :(  I'm 30!  Why meeeee?  Wahh :(  Yes i'm having a pity party!  I was not like this before back surgery.

Anyway....  enough for my ramble.  Does anyone deal with this?  Got any suggestions?  What can they do??  HAAAAAAAAAALP!

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:15 PM

bump! ;)

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Nobody??  AHHHH :O

Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Awe Michelle :(. I've only had the issue after my hysterectomy last year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I may be getting a hysterectomy before it's over with.  I'm having a period every two weeks...  they have me on bc right now trying to get it under control.  I've been on it a month with no changes.. wtf :l  He said I qualify for one based on my medical issues but was afraid it would further damage my bladder.  But my urologist said there's no further damage it can cause because it's already damaged.  Pretty sure it's stress.....   -_-

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

momof2891
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:29 PM
I have bladder spasms when I have kidney stones. My urologist said that because of the acidic nature of my stones, they disrupt the pH balance of my bladder. He usually gives me pain meds and muscle relaxers and tells me to drink lots of fluids and wait it out. It sucks and hurts like a bitch. The pain has sent me to the ER numerous times and I have been dealing with kidney stones since I was 17. I'm sorry you are feeling so yucky! Hugs!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I was getting my period like that plus my Essure coil was threw my Fallopian tube into my muscle. I hope things get better for you. Hugs.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

I may be getting a hysterectomy before it's over with.  I'm having a period every two weeks...  they have me on bc right now trying to get it under control.  I've been on it a month with no changes.. wtf :l  He said I qualify for one based on my medical issues but was afraid it would further damage my bladder.  But my urologist said there's no further damage it can cause because it's already damaged.  Pretty sure it's stress.....   -_-

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)