• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scoliosis

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
At 24 years old, I was diagnosed with scoliosis at my work physical. Through all sports physicals, work physicals, and general checks when I was younger, I had never been diagnosed. My neuro mentioned it when he tried to do a lumbar puncture and hit bone...twice, but seriously, a work physical. That explains the lower back pain.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lisairv
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I'm sorry. 

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Yeah....  they somehow missed mine too.  I mean....  how else could never of seen this??

I'm 30... i have what's called severe thoracolumbar scoliosis... 3 curves - 34, 65 and 54!  :l

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I just couldn't believe it. I've had tons of physicals where they make me stand and touch my toes and never had it mentioned. Heck, I've been in sports since elementary school.

Quoting lisairv:

I'm sorry. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Holy crap! I wish I had an X-ray of my back. The only time I've had one is when I went to the hospital for my lumbar puncture and they did it by watching on X-ray to make sure they didn't hit bone a third time.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Yeah....  they somehow missed mine too.  I mean....  how else could never of seen this??

I'm 30... i have what's called severe thoracolumbar scoliosis... 3 curves - 34, 65 and 54!  :l

lisairv
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Do they plan on doing anything for it. I have a lot of back pain. Nerve damage also. It's horrible. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I just couldn't believe it. I've had tons of physicals where they make me stand and touch my toes and never had it mentioned. Heck, I've been in sports since elementary school.

Quoting lisairv:

I'm sorry. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Ive had it since I was a young child. But you can't really tell with me but u can see it well on an x-ray. I have back problems a lot and I'm only 22.. It really sucks and sometimes I need my dr to write me some pain meds for my back. Good luck I know it's tough sometimes..
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:21 PM

:(

You should be able to request a copy of your xray from the hospital.

I have so many issues right now...  I have degenerative disc disease as well.  3 bulging discs (2 in my cervical and 1 in my lumbar).. i had an herniated disc (lumbar disc laminectomy) fixed in july last year and as a result im stuck with epidural fibrosis around my s1 nerve root and a neurogenic bladder.

I was actually supposed to have a series of 3 surgeries but my current orthopedic surgeon won't touch me...  he said no surgery at this point will help me because of the severity.  I'm getting another opinion very soon!

Quoting Anonymous:

Holy crap! I wish I had an X-ray of my back. The only time I've had one is when I went to the hospital for my lumbar puncture and they did it by watching on X-ray to make sure they didn't hit bone a third time.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:22 PM
As of right now, no. He wasn't my normal doctor. He asked me if I have a lot of back pain and I lied and told him no. I didn't want him to tell me I couldn't start back at the nursing home tomorrow. When I get insurance back, ill go to my regular doctor and see what she says.

Quoting lisairv:

Do they plan on doing anything for it. I have a lot of back pain. Nerve damage also. It's horrible. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lisairv:

I'm sorry. 

LavenderMom23
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:23 PM
I was diagnosed last year at 28years when I got my epidural during labor and delivery. Talk about a bad time to find out. Don't all people my age have to lay on their backs to ease pain after doing dishes?!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lisairv
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Good luck with everything! I hope you can get some answers. Be careful at work. I was a cna for years....it's how I hurt myself. Haven't been able to work in almost two years and walk with a cane. It sucks...

Quoting Anonymous:

As of right now, no. He wasn't my normal doctor. He asked me if I have a lot of back pain and I lied and told him no. I didn't want him to tell me I couldn't start back at the nursing home tomorrow. When I get insurance back, ill go to my regular doctor and see what she says.

Quoting lisairv:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lisairv:

I'm sorry. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)