Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I cope?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
With a mouse living in our apartment? We AND the landlord have tried everything. Every type of mouse trap, every type of poison even had a exterminator come out and they are still living in my kitchen! It suck being to scared to go into your kitchen at night. It sucks worrying my infants going to get sick because I have no idea if they are rubbing against her bottle brush. It suck hearing them run across my stove and chew on stuff it SUCKS!
My husband says he is just going to put a huge bowl of oil out to drown them. Sounds mean but I'd rather them drown then get my baby sick!
Our lease isn't up till oct. if it does not get better by then we will have no choice but to move.
We live in a 'commercial' apartment complex so these mice could be coming from ANY of our neighbors.
What do I do? How do I cope with living with mice that nothing will get rid of?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Bump
cLanief
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:28 PM
If nothing is working and you're infested with rats then Im pretty sure you have grounds to break your lease. Check your tenant laws
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Glue traps.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Can you have pets?  I had this problem many years ago and I snuck a cat into my apartment.  That took care of the mouse problem.  If you can't get a cat, try putting bowls of antifreeze out, but not where any kids or domestic animals can get to it.  Antifreeze is sweet and attracts critters, and is very deadly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)