Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I be concerned...? Need help and advice, no bashing please.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I was raped last October by who is now my ex (he was an abusive man far beyond the rape). Not going to go into all the details of the incident because... well that's just not relevant. Bottom line is he raped me, then DS and I stayed in a domestic violence shelter until I found us a new place to live and got on my feet. By the time I had the courage to report it, it had been almost 2 months. The detective took my statement, then went to talk to my ex. My ex admitted to the detective that he had raped me. However, he was not taken in, not arrested, nothing happened. I have a protective order against him, but he lives with his parents and still has visitation rights over DS so I know through them he's still out and about, working as a janitor in the school system. I have since tried more times than I can count to get ahold of the prosecutor, the detective, anyone that can tell me if there is any progress being made, if he will be charged with anything, yet no one answers my calls or returns my messages. I don't know what to do to further the process, or if there's anything I can even do. I hate to think of anyone else going through this, but know it's more common than people think. If anyone knows anything that could help me, or anything that could even just ease my mind, please help.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:36 PM

i personally dont know.. im sorry.. but i cant imagine why they didnt arrest him he admitted to a rape? i dont understand why he is not in  jail. id call them .. do you need to press charges?    didnt you though already? id call & explain  that you told them  he raped you & he admitted it  so  now what?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

i personally dont know.. im sorry.. but i cant imagine why they didnt arrest him he admitted to a rape? i dont understand why he is not in  jail. id call them .. do you need to press charges?    didnt you though already? id call & explain  that you told them  he raped you & he admitted it  so  now what?

That's what I'm thinking... I still don't understand why he wasn't arrested on the spot - he admitted to a crime, why is he not in jail? The detective called me after he spoke to my ex, told me that he had admitted to the rape, but none of the domestic violence. Which made no sense to me... why would he admit to raping me but not the abuse? I just don't get it... I still have the detectives number so will probably try calling again... Just wondered if anyone knew how long these things usually take...?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:44 PM

its all weird yeah idk.. again  i  dont know much about the process or  ways of these things their is a group on here for rape & such im sure they would know.. im sorry this happened to you & even more sorry  his ass inst rotting in prison for it.. id def call & follow up on it STAT. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I'm thinking... I still don't understand why he wasn't arrested on the spot - he admitted to a crime, why is he not in jail? The detective called me after he spoke to my ex, told me that he had admitted to the rape, but none of the domestic violence. Which made no sense to me... why would he admit to raping me but not the abuse? I just don't get it... I still have the detectives number so will probably try calling again... Just wondered if anyone knew how long these things usually take...?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Thank you. I'll call tomorrow or Friday and see if the detective can tell me anything. I'm not sure how much they're allowed to reveal when an investigation is ongoing. I'll see what he has to say though. Hopefully he can tell me something.

Quoting Anonymous:

its all weird yeah idk.. again  i  dont know much about the process or  ways of these things their is a group on here for rape & such im sure they would know.. im sorry this happened to you & even more sorry  his ass inst rotting in prison for it.. id def call & follow up on it STAT. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)