Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just want to say

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
3 moms liked this
For 27 years I waited for a Prince Charming to come rescue me. For someone to love me enough that I would love myself. I went away last week with my mom and had a heart to heart.

I guess I had an aha moment because i feel rejuvenated. I finally realize no one is coming. I am my own Prince Charming and it doesn't matter how much anyone loves me if I don't believe it im going to keep cycling in misery. I know there are women on this board that feel like this and go through those things and I just have a strong feeling this needs to be shared.

At some point we have to pick ourselves up and find a way to be proud of ourselves and who we are. No one can change it but you. No one can decide to be happy for you. I've been beat on, molested, talked down to, talked about, lied to, cheated on and throw away like trash. And ive held on to that anger too long. I've been sad for too long. I've blamed others for too long!

I've been letting the moods of others control my mood and how I feel or the actions of other control how I feel. So I just want to say YOU ARE STRONG. YOU ARE SMART AND NOBODY HAS POWER OVER YOU BUT YOU!

I know most don't care but I know there is at least one woman out there that needs to hear this. And I hope my mom's speech (and practically yelling at me with tears in her eyes) helps someone else
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this

That is such an awesome life lesson to learn, so many women still need to. Congrats!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Thank you!

Quoting Anonymous:

That is such an awesome life lesson to learn, so many women still need to. Congrats!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM

yes. i do have a prince for sure who believes in me MORE than I  do.. but its true, you cant love yourself simply  bc someone else does.

my dh  is always telling me showing me,  how much he loves me how  amazing he thinks i am, what a great wife, mom i am.. how sexy i am,  anything...  sady i find it hard to believe him.

many times i ask him if he is just trying to say the right things to me.. my childhood  taught me that im a peice of shit & i continued to  let myself believe that.. i DID marry my prince charming but   the poor guy has to struggle to make me accpet the fact he really thinks this of me .

if i dont see it, think it or believe it.. it doesnt exist. so you CAN have himcome.. but  he just cnat think  for you hun.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I use "prince charming" in a sense that princes usually rescue you. He may be amazing but nothing he says/does matters if you don't believe it. No one can rescue you, but you.
I hope you grow to believe that and love yourself

Quoting Anonymous:

yes. i do have a prince for sure who believes in me MORE than I  do.. but its true, you cant love yourself simply  bc someone else does.

my dh  is always telling me showing me,  how much he loves me how  amazing he thinks i am, what a great wife, mom i am.. how sexy i am,  anything...  sady i find it hard to believe him.

many times i ask him if he is just trying to say the right things to me.. my childhood  taught me that im a peice of shit & i continued to  let myself believe that.. i DID marry my prince charming but   the poor guy has to struggle to make me accpet the fact he really thinks this of me .

if i dont see it, think it or believe it.. it doesnt exist. so you CAN have himcome.. but  he just cnat think  for you hun.

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Good for you! It took me a loooong time to realize this and put my past behind me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redhead-bedhead
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:52 PM
*claps*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
honeyrder
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Sometimes moms, though you might have disagreed with them a zillion times, are awesomely right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:57 PM

i know what you meant. my dh IS my prince charming & in a way he has rescued me.  together we made a fmaily that had REAL love & support & warmth that i NEVER imagined could even really  exist.. my parents were toxic & abusive & sick.. and I ruly thought it was .. normal.  now i have a loving home with him & my babies & he has shown me more love & happniess than my  birth family could ever have done.. ive learned so much from him he is my best friend.. he saves me everyday.. im still working in loving myself.. thanks. but he makes it easier.

Quoting Anonymous:

I use "prince charming" in a sense that princes usually rescue you. He may be amazing but nothing he says/does matters if you don't believe it. No one can rescue you, but you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Well I'm glad you have found a way to cope. And that you have found a great man. I can only speak for myself and how I feel. Starting to feel more comfortable just being me without needing the extra support not that compliments and sweet gestures aren't great :) good luck in your journey

Quoting Anonymous:

i know what you meant. my dh IS my prince charming & in a way he has rescued me.  together we made a fmaily that had REAL love & support & warmth that i NEVER imagined could even really  exist.. my parents were toxic & abusive & sick.. and I ruly thought it was .. normal.  now i have a loving home with him & my babies & he has shown me more love & happniess than my  birth family could ever have done.. ive learned so much from him he is my best friend.. he saves me everyday.. im still working in loving myself.. thanks. but he makes it easier.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)