• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ok so here is my confession

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I'm 25 and just found out I have high blood pressure. Anyone have it as well and have some advice?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Are you overweight?  Do you eat right?  What advice did your doctor give you? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:46 PM
I had it up until last yr, though it was due to eclampsia. So severe that it finally went away 3 yrs after my kid was born. I took bp meds until it got better
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:27 AM
He said I need to get from 154 down to 130 and that I have to follow a low sodium diet. I'm on medicine now

Quoting Anonymous:

LilrockerMama
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:29 AM
I'm 23 and have been on cholesterol meds for a year. They said with it being as high as it is, greater than 300 total, then no diet would fix me I would always be on meds. I've talked to three different doctors about it they all say the same
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lauraschatz
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:32 AM
I was dignosed with hypertension after having pre eclampsia with my first baby 7 years ago. Both of my parents were diagnosed young as well. Neither of them are over weight. In some of us it is truely genetic.
Keep an eye on your numbers. If you have side effects from your meds ask for a change. There are a ton of good bp meds available and many of them are inexpensive. Take your meds and get some excersize.
As long as you keep it under control you are preventing any damage from occuring.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:44 AM

That sounds like a good start.  Getting regular massages can actually lower your blood pressure.  I know not everyone can afford them, and not all insurance covers them. If you get massage on a regular basis you will see your numbers go down. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He said I need to get from 154 down to 130 and that I have to follow a low sodium diet. I'm on medicine now

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)