Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I guess losing your child didn't scare you enough!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:45 PM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was eating diner at Giggles and Hugs. Its a restaurant that has a play area for children to play while parents and children dine on healthy organic food. The rule is your children can play in the play area, without you if they are over 3. This mom put her one year old in the play area.  She then can't find him, she is screaming crying. All parents stop eating and all the kids stop playing and we all start looking for the kid. Employees check the bathroom and ball pit, a parent finally spots him behind the castle pole in the back of the play area. The entertainment continues, (there was a child musician there singing songs) and everyone goes back to their food/play.

20 minutes later she puts him BACK in the play area and walks away and starts texting. There are three play actives directors, that are suppose to do actives with the children, they face paint, stickers, organize zip lines, coloring etc. Well one of the ends up being this child's personal babysitter. Until the child wants mother again. 10 minutes later she doesn't tell a director she just puts the child back in the play area, this time the child would have left the play area. (because children leaves the play gate open all the time, and I watched him walk out of the other gate, I went up to the child just as one of the directs also spotted him. She ran up and got him and ended up picking him up, because they were in the middle of an active that required two directors, and if the ball pit is open a third director always has to be in it.

I swear the manager was being nice I would have told her to watch her damn kid or leave....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RMH Travel~~~Where the Real Magic Happens                         

Planning your perfect trip wheather its your first time or your 100th time, we promise to give you a magical trip.

TOP 10 REASONS TO USE A TRAVEL AGENT blog post

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
msalice_21
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:48 PM
4 moms liked this
how was she not embarresed by that??
csxt99
by Jennifer on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I have zero patience for worthless cows like that!  I would have handed her the kid and shown her the door- complete with a ban on returning to the establishment.

MyGlassSlipper
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Holy shotballs batman... that was long and I did not read it :/

snowpeasmom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I have no clue, she acted embarresed at first but then I was SHOCKED to see her put her kid back in the play area. You should have seen the other parents look too. I mean this place isn't cheap to eat at. And a lot of crunchy parent eat here. I will admit I am boardline crunchy. I mean this crunchy parents are the reason they empty 1/2 the ball pit. :( and a worker has to be in the ball pit at all times to make sure children don't drown in balls. 

Quoting msalice_21:

how was she not embarresed by that??

Planning your perfect trip wheather its your first time or your 100th time, we promise to give you a magical trip.

snowpeasmom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:52 PM

I would have too. I was shocked when they didn't but actually took steps to take care of the child.

Quoting csxt99:

I have zero patience for worthless cows like that!  I would have handed her the kid and shown her the door- complete with a ban on returning to the establishment.

snowpeasmom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the bump

Cliff Notes

Mom lets one year old play in play area by himself, she then thinks she lost him, makes everyone look for him, and then 20 minutes later repeats her first mistake by letting him play in the play area by himself, and not pay attention to him, making everyone else watch the child.

Quoting MyGlassSlipper:

BrittSam2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Yaaaaaa, I would have been holding the kid with mine until she noticed, freaked out again, and then told her to leave. Wtf kind of mother does that?

MyGlassSlipper
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:59 PM

yeah bad! I am so sorry you even had to witness that! We have six kids from 10 down to 6 months.... we rarely lose our kids...lmao ;)

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Thanks for the bump

Cliff Notes

Mom lets one year old play in play area by himself, she then thinks she lost him, makes everyone look for him, and then 20 minutes later repeats her first mistake by letting him play in the play area by himself, and not pay attention to him, making everyone else watch the child.

Quoting MyGlassSlipper:

Fairy tales do come true ;)

snowpeasmom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:59 PM

I was tempted to, but a worker took the child from me. LOL

Quoting BrittSam2011:

Yaaaaaa, I would have been holding the kid with mine until she noticed, freaked out again, and then told her to leave. Wtf kind of mother does that?

Ayshren
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:02 AM

What a moron!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)