Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I may have to quit my job and I'm relieved

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Things aren't going as planned. I thought when my husband went back to work we could handle this. But it's not going well and everyone that said they'd help aren't. I don't always rely on others for child care. I know better and I know it's not their place. But when you say you'll do something please follow through. But I wanted a few months to save up some money and make some important purchases. We may not make it. But I'm so tired and stressed I like the idea of having to quit work instead of it being my call. That takes the weight off of me.
Either way it will somehow work out.

Anyone else ever feel that way?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Bump?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:33 AM
I hated working. I'm glad I became a sahm.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:36 AM
I just through it to weeks ago, except I was laid off so I can receive unemployment. The stress ive been under started to show at work. I am SO relieved!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:39 AM
I have survived so many lay offs. Like 6 in the last year alone. I'm in a better position to be laid off than the people actually getting it. They even offer for people to take it voluntarily. But not in my department. I'd take it though.
It won't take us long to be ready for me to quit. Maye 3 months? If I run out if child care though it's out of my hands. Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just through it to weeks ago, except I was laid off so I can receive unemployment. The stress ive been under started to show at work. I am SO relieved!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:42 AM
That's our goal. We are trying to be smart ad responsible about it though. I think it's about time though to call it quits. I'm stressed, the kids are stressed, hunby's stressed. It doesn't feel worth it anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hated working. I'm glad I became a sahm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Yes!  Plans can be modified.  If it's not working right now and it's stressing you out, just take a step back and make a new plan.  You will be happier in the long run. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM
I'm so scared to make the call and quit. My husband just started his new job. We've relied in just my income for so long. But he's a truck driver so now I'm working 12hr nights without him here to help. I'm working over time this weekend to hopefully save a little more quickly and get this over with.
But I don't see this lasting til summer like it was supposed to. Maybe another month.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes!  Plans can be modified.  If it's not working right now and it's stressing you out, just take a step back and make a new plan.  You will be happier in the long run. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Wow that is a lot to do on your own for sure. Maybe you can search out something you like better while you are riding out the last bit of time at this job. I have found that working a job you really don't like isn't so bad when you have an end in sight. It's not forever and you will find something better for your family. Don't worry too much about making the call to quit. Do what's best for you.
Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so scared to make the call and quit. My husband just started his new job. We've relied in just my income for so long. But he's a truck driver so now I'm working 12hr nights without him here to help. I'm working over time this weekend to hopefully save a little more quickly and get this over with.
But I don't see this lasting til summer like it was supposed to. Maybe another month.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Thank you. Just hearing someone say makes me feel better. I keep wondering if I'm just feeling sorry for myself or if it's legit that I want or need to quit. I want to quit, stay home, and slowly go back to school. Relax a little. Spend time with my kids cuz I feel I haven't gotten enough of that. My husband was injured and I'm not complaining. I'm glad we could do this together and he's doing so much better and it back at work. That's huge! I just want him to take the reigns a while. I'm tired.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow that is a lot to do on your own for sure. Maybe you can search out something you like better while you are riding out the last bit of time at this job. I have found that working a job you really don't like isn't so bad when you have an end in sight. It's not forever and you will find something better for your family. Don't worry too much about making the call to quit. Do what's best for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:45 AM
You have better things ahead :-)
Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you. Just hearing someone say makes me feel better. I keep wondering if I'm just feeling sorry for myself or if it's legit that I want or need to quit. I want to quit, stay home, and slowly go back to school. Relax a little. Spend time with my kids cuz I feel I haven't gotten enough of that. My husband was injured and I'm not complaining. I'm glad we could do this together and he's doing so much better and it back at work. That's huge! I just want him to take the reigns a while. I'm tired.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)