Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DO you donate???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

Clothes or food to your local non profits??? I do to a teen shelter and a mother and baby shelter. I hate to see useful things get thrown away. I think everyone should donate to a good cause atleast once a year.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crumpy_gat
by No. on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:54 AM

Yep

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep. And I donate my time to feeding the hungry and working with developmentally delayed youth.

Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I did sell some baby things on craigslist, but lately I donate to the local women's shelter I learned about from play dates. I also crochet baby blankets and donate them to the hospital

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:01 AM

No.  I sell old clothes. furniture on kijiji.ca, I never donate food or money.

RaevynEvermore
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:03 AM
1 mom liked this
If I could I would. I'm a single mother and a college student so I get a lot of donations lol but whatever I don't need I give to another mother in need
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:05 AM

I do the same I am known to have a box of old kids stuff my friend know they can go through LOL I am alwasy collecting....I also use the help sometimes so I donate when I can. SOmething about throwing a good kids shirt or pair of jeans just doesnt sit well with me LOL

Quoting RaevynEvermore:

If I could I would. I'm a single mother and a college student so I get a lot of donations lol but whatever I don't need I give to another mother in need

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I donate money every year to different charities. Like maybe one year I'll donate to the SPCA, the next year I might donate to a women's shelter, and another year I might donate to the Save the Music foundation. Every year I pick a random charity to donate to. I give all of our gently used clothes and baby stuff to friends and family members who aren't as well off as we are.
kalikala154
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:06 AM

We donate to Airmen's Attic and Goodwill; selling clothes and toys are too much of a hassle.  

RaevynEvermore
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:06 AM
And if friends don't want it, to goodwill it goes

Quoting Anonymous:

I do the same I am known to have a box of old kids stuff my friend know they can go through LOL I am alwasy collecting....I also use the help sometimes so I donate when I can. SOmething about throwing a good kids shirt or pair of jeans just doesnt sit well with me LOL

Quoting RaevynEvermore:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep! one of my neighbors just put 6 FULL bags, out by the trash.. clothes! GREAT condition too!.. I was amazed at how much they threw away.. as my other neighbor and I went to grab them a man drove up and saw us opening the bags and asked if it was trash, he had his little girl with him. anyhow he ended up taking it all as well ass the other 4 bags of TOYS! he said he'll be donating anything that doesn't fit, we ended up talking a while and he actually works at a place right down the block from salvation army :)

amazing how much people just toss out that could be put to good use!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)