Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do any of you talk to your neighbors...?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:49 AM
  • 455 Replies

I had my first home at 19 and did everything wrong. I talked to my drama seeking neighbors.i knew they fought a lot and were drunks but I mean I tried being nice. Well we were cool but I know they talked about me. They never said it to my face. Two of the girls fought badly. One was biting and hit her so bad her face was covered in blood. She tried gouging her eyes out as well in front of my apartments, and it happened so fast but my partner was the only on who tried to stop it and we helped her clean up. She was bleeding on her arm from a deep bite, you could see this woman's teeth outlined badly. The woman went t jail and aperenty had ties to some bad people threatening her and the well being of the apartments. She still has scars of her teeth and was traumatized...the same woman who fought her attacked a 58 year old woman (crazy on meds old woman) she tried ripping her eyes out and when the police arived she wouldn't open her door so they could arrest her for the assault they also didn't do anything to help the old woman with scratches on her face. 

I just moved and the neighbors were speaking to my partner asking why I don't come out and how they wanna have a few drinks, they are older women and actually seem so quiet and nice...I'm aware of the consequences but I'm temped ...

Do you talk to your neighbors or stay to yourself? And do you have any crazy stories about any of them?

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Mmmm not around where I am right now. I vaguely talk to one but he's already ruined it by making passes at me. My other ones are shut ins but I don't mind bc I understand. They're newer. About a mont or two. Finally saw them outside recently and they were friendly. The ones before that...we were on a sugar passing basis (Borrow milk? Sure. Baking soda? Absolutely. I made some extra food. Would you like a plate?) and another few who have also been here a while frequently wave. I'm pretty friendly. I live in an apartment (2 and a half years) and I'm not afraid to introduce myself so I get a lot of waves when I'm outside. The ones that lived upstairs are still close friends even though they moved. (:
BrighteyedAsh
by Ashley on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:00 AM
Ugh. Wasn't meaning to be anon. ^^
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sharon300
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Use to. They got to needy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:01 AM
4 moms liked this
I have good neighbors here.I'm gonna miss them when i move, but I'm tired of living in the ghetto.
JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:03 AM
My next door neighbor is a dick. I can't stand his crotchety, whiney old ass. He's petty as shit and just a miserable being. I can't wait to move.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:03 AM
Yeah, whenever I see them I say hi. I don't hang out with any, though. At previous places, we met really awesome people and we'd hang out with them. There was never any drama. We moved out of the ghetto, and everyone is kind of quiet. I want to go back.
Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:04 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't talk to my neighbors but my husband does. I have had bad experience with neighbors. So I like to keep to myself. I will smile and wave but that is about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes we do. We have had some great neighbors :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:08 AM
2 moms liked this

We've gone through...

neighbor 1: drug dealer.. well mom was a nurse, who helps her son out with pills while he grew pot in the attic... lovely right?

neighbor 2: had 2 boys, 3 yr old and 6 yr old.. she'd leave them in the house alone for up to 10 hrs, refused to let us babysit. she ended up wailing on the 3 yr old's hind end when he ran into the road(she saw him through the window-she didn't want to sit outside with him as usual) long story short CPS was called-she was in fact abusive, she was also a drug addict

neighbor 3: nice drunk woman.. her 8 yr old was out and about from 5AM-11PM playing in the neighborhood, her husband was a pill head-he asked us if we had any percs or oxys or"anything else really"---peachy..

neighbor 4: The bat shit crazy drunk lady.. month after she moved in the hit another neighbor with a wine glass gashed her face open.. when the lady pressed charges she was outside yelling and hollering "f this and f that f**kity f***".. yep.. fun.. came home one day her car looked like she might have hit someone(we called the cops just in case-not to mention we thought she'd blame one of us for it), she'd get drunk and run outside just to holler cuss words.. moon us.. flip us off.. the last time she got drunk she **Tried** to ride her bike up the road.. got pissed and literally went up to the highways and was jumping on cars and screaming "effin hit me I dare you! I need someone to fucking sue!"... so glad she left

neighbor 5: just fucking "out there", and an attention whore. she sends taxi's to OUR HOUSE.. I happily told the taxi driver where she lived so he got paid for waiting an hour at the wrong house. she still pulls this shit... really? as if you don't honestly know your own address after 2 yrs of living there? spare me. also keeps letting her dogs run around the neighborhood. how many times does animal control need to pick them up before she learns to use a leash OR they eventually get killed by a car?

neighbor 6: bitches when people tell her son to be careful playing as hes constantly running into the road-hes almost been hit several times -he flies out like a bat out of hell.. mom wont say a word to him,, then again she lets him sit on the hood of the car while she drives around the neighborhood.. hes 11.. he should know better

neighbor 7: shes 'christian'... she believes god is testing her.. because there's a new gay couple across the street and next to them lives a .. idk.. "bi racial" couple (ones black ones white).. yeah...----HER WORDS NOT MINE I have no prob with either of the couples, they're nice people!

.....ugh... did i mention i hate life here? I cant wait to move. too much shit here!

O shit! ETA:: Forgot to add the creepy neighbor that lives in our complex!

Neighbor 8: "creepy pete".. His name is pete.. and he's freaking creepy and nosey and a freaking peeping tom. We literally got some window tint so that we can see out but others can't see in.. Mhmm.. I've filed a report with local police-about a yr ago.. he's stopped trying to peep in the windows, seeing as he can't see in.. but he'll stand outside of neighbor 7's windows about 5 ft away and just tries to stare in.. every time I go outside alone, or with DS he'll be over in a heart beat. If you stand here talking to him he'll talk for ages, when you try to go in and excuse yourself he's intrusive, he'll stand in your doorway.. there's not police records on him that I can find.. but that doesn't mean much to me. he's creepy no matter how you look at it.

Teeshann
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I have wonderful neighbors. They are always checking on us when my husband is deployed. My best friend lives a couple houses over and our kids are friends too. I see most of them at church
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured