Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Messy house...edit! PICS page 5.

Posted by   + Show Post
Is your home messy? Why? I'm not being condescending, I'm truly asking. I am a SAHM, but also run an in-home daycare. My home is very neat and organized, and I don't put much effort into it. I spend maybe a total of an hour a day cleaning, minus laundry. When I used to be a working mom, I spent maybe 20 minutes every evening cleaning. In essence, I'm caring for 6 children each day and maintaining a clean home. I just don't understand the pic posts of proud messy homes proclaiming that moms would rather spend time with their kiddos than have a clean home when I do it daily just fine.

Updated to add pics, start on page 5.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Replies (21-30):
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:56 AM
1 mom liked this

In my experience, a bigger house, especially with multiple floors, is easier to keep neat because there is room to actually put everything away, and because not all activity is always taking place in the same room.

I have a much easier time with my 2000 sq ft three bedroom house than I did with my 800 sq ft two bedroom apt.

AleaKat
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:56 AM
3 moms liked this
I just got out of a deep depression. I'd let my house, my relationships and myself go. Everything became a hassle - even spending time with my kids- that's when I said ENOUGH. I didn't want to feel like that anymore or make excuses for constantly being tired and unmotivated.
I'm working on bringing my home and myself back to life.
AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Troll? I'm not even anon. I have time for it because its early morning and nobody is here.

Quoting Anonymous:

pics or it didn't happen....AND....you have time for cafemom??? please....I smell a troll!!

RaynesMommy07
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Keywords "for YOU". You aren't everyone. I don't find it hard to keep my house clean either but then again everyone in my home picks up after themselves which makes it easy for me.

Quoting AmberRose1122:

I know I know, but I'm truly just curious. For me, with a tri-level home and having 5 kids in my care daily ranging from 6mos-3, it's still easy.

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Not condescending huh? Lol

AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:58 AM
I agree with you. We live in a much larger home now than before. It still wasn't difficult as long as things were immediately tended to, but it is much easier now.

Quoting B1Bomber:

In my experience, a bigger house, especially with multiple floors, is easier to keep neat because there is room to actually put everything away, and because not all activity is always taking place in the same room.

I have a much easier time with my 2000 sq ft three bedroom house than I did with my 800 sq ft two bedroom apt.

elliem87
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Thanks. It is stressful :)

Quoting AmberRose1122:

Congratulations!

Quoting elliem87:

I know, I'm saying that's why my house is messy. And my wedding center pieces that I have been making are in my living room

Quoting AmberRose1122:

I too used to work those hours, and completely understand. Add in homework and extracurricular activities, it's difficult. I'm not judging or looking down on anyone, I'm sincerely curious.

Quoting elliem87:

My fiance and I both work 40+ hours a week. By the time either one of us has time to do anything, it's bed time.

Granted I do not leave my house looking like a pit all the time. My children also have chores.

AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Right, for me. That's why I'm asking out of curiosity why it's like this for others.

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Keywords "for YOU". You aren't everyone. I don't find it hard to keep my house clean either but then again everyone in my home picks up after themselves which makes it easy for me.

Quoting AmberRose1122:

I know I know, but I'm truly just curious. For me, with a tri-level home and having 5 kids in my care daily ranging from 6mos-3, it's still easy.

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Not condescending huh? Lol

AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry you've gone through that. I've struggled with depression my entire life, and it is very difficult to get out of. I wish you peace and happiness :)

Quoting AleaKat:

I just got out of a deep depression. I'd let my house, my relationships and myself go. Everything became a hassle - even spending time with my kids- that's when I said ENOUGH. I didn't want to feel like that anymore or make excuses for constantly being tired and unmotivated.

I'm working on bringing my home and myself back to life.

AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:02 AM
I understand! We had to reschedule ours because our reception venue has all sorts of road construction going on. It won't be done until August. Nobody told us this while we booked the place, of course. You can't drive on the road it's on or park near it.

Quoting elliem87:

Thanks. It is stressful :)

Quoting AmberRose1122:

Congratulations!

Quoting elliem87:

I know, I'm saying that's why my house is messy. And my wedding center pieces that I have been making are in my living room

Quoting AmberRose1122:

I too used to work those hours, and completely understand. Add in homework and extracurricular activities, it's difficult. I'm not judging or looking down on anyone, I'm sincerely curious.

Quoting elliem87:

My fiance and I both work 40+ hours a week. By the time either one of us has time to do anything, it's bed time.

Granted I do not leave my house looking like a pit all the time. My children also have chores.

faeryfrog
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:03 AM
It took me a while to get it, it does not come naturally to me, lol.

First I have a schedule of things to do everyday for every member of our family.

My cabinets are organized by product and all dry goods go in a bin which stack nicely.

I go through the mail by the trash so I can toss as I go

Things like that. I do admit I have a "Monica closet" that I can't seem to get to, lol

Quoting lovelove211:

Any tips? I have to admit since our house was renovated my organizing is not good lol

Quoting faeryfrog:

My home is clean because I've organized it nicely. Most messy homes are as such because people lack the organizational skill. I have a friend who cleans hours a day cleaning her home, much more then I do, but her organizing sucks, so its still always "lived in"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured