Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Messy house...edit! PICS page 5.

Posted by   + Show Post
Is your home messy? Why? I'm not being condescending, I'm truly asking. I am a SAHM, but also run an in-home daycare. My home is very neat and organized, and I don't put much effort into it. I spend maybe a total of an hour a day cleaning, minus laundry. When I used to be a working mom, I spent maybe 20 minutes every evening cleaning. In essence, I'm caring for 6 children each day and maintaining a clean home. I just don't understand the pic posts of proud messy homes proclaiming that moms would rather spend time with their kiddos than have a clean home when I do it daily just fine.

Updated to add pics, start on page 5.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Replies (251-253):
AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Lol my DF makes toy messes himself. Right now in our office he had a huge Star Wars puzzle out.

Quoting bustybee:

I am wierd like that too :) ds3's toy area is in the living room and ds1 and ds2's toy area is by my and dh's bedroom so the only person who steps on toys is dh... lol. but he doesn't make them clean it up either so I can just laugh at him :)

Quoting AmberRose1122:

I understand. I sometimes let my son leave messes out...as long as its reasonable. I have a weird fear of him tripping over toys if there were to be a fire.

Quoting bustybee:

my house is "messy" but its because we spent 2 years in a house twice the size and had to downsize (landlord unreasonably terminated our lease and we went from a 4bed, 2 office, 1 bath to a 2 bed, 1.5 bath) and we have been here for almost 6 months and are still trying to fit everything in neatly. we have 3 boys (5.5, 4, 1.5) and they are the biggest floor clutterers lol. ds1 for example left his pj's (and I just noticed yesterday's clothes) on the living room floor this morning before he left for school (and it is going to sit there until he gets home so he will hopefully learn to put his clothes away...). plus the toy areas are usually a bit messy but I'll admit thats becuase its out of the way and I have a soft spot to let hte kids play until bedtime (when they are playing good) rather than get them to clean it.

supermama322
by Kaylee on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:51 PM
No and it doesn't take me long either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kidlover2
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Yeah... This. My house is " clean" but there is clutter everywhere. There are 5 people in a 2 bedroom house. We definitely need less stuff.

Quoting NoahandEliza:

My house is clean in the sense that it's vacuumed, mopped, dusted, etc, but it has sort of a messy feel because I ran out of room to put stuff.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)