Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Messy house...edit! PICS page 5.

Posted by   + Show Post
Is your home messy? Why? I'm not being condescending, I'm truly asking. I am a SAHM, but also run an in-home daycare. My home is very neat and organized, and I don't put much effort into it. I spend maybe a total of an hour a day cleaning, minus laundry. When I used to be a working mom, I spent maybe 20 minutes every evening cleaning. In essence, I'm caring for 6 children each day and maintaining a clean home. I just don't understand the pic posts of proud messy homes proclaiming that moms would rather spend time with their kiddos than have a clean home when I do it daily just fine.

Updated to add pics, start on page 5.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:03 AM
I don't clean much at all on the days I work. I do it all plus laundry in my days off. And right now it's not terribly organized. Having what I need to organize everything well would cost money I don't have to spend on that right now.
AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:04 AM
I'm just curious. It doesn't affect me, I just see posts about messy homes and being proud and wonder how they get that way.

Quoting BluePandaDreams:

Why are you so concerned about how messy my house is at the moment? It isn't like I am going to invite you over for dinner any time soon.

susieQ680
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this

yes i clean and keep stuff picked up and some what organized . I live in an apartment so it doesn't ake me long to pick up and i have my son help me too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:05 AM

I think everyone has a personal level of "messiness" that they are comfortable with.  Our house could be seen to some as being messy as our living-room and family room constantly have children's projects, puzzles, stacks of reading books and magazines around.  DH likes this as he grew up in a home where everything had to be picked up before bed which sometimes put a real damper in creating a pirate war, or castle set up or trains.  I am anal about the kitchen, bathrooms and dining room table.  DH does like clean floors so vacuums everyday.  It works for us but I could see someone coming into our home and thinking it was too messy for their tastes.  Frankly I would be a little offended if they then tried to give me pointers and time saving tips to have a cleaner house!

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:06 AM
I can't organize anything to save myself. I feel like I'm always cleaning. I have 2 boys 8&4 and an 18 month old girl. To be fair I live in a 2 bedroom apartment that's small, because that's what we can afford so we have plenty of stuff for 5 people.
AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:06 AM
I understand. It's much easier with organizational tools. I think that's part of why it's so easy to keep up during the day for me. When I worked full-time (I still technically work 60 hours with all these kiddos, but it's different) I only did dishes and maybe a load of laundry in the evening, and picked up throughout. I was too tired for anything else.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't clean much at all on the days I work. I do it all plus laundry in my days off. And right now it's not terribly organized. Having what I need to organize everything well would cost money I don't have to spend on that right now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this

so other people can judge them?   Everyone's definition of "clean" is different. Cluttered or lived in is not always equal to messy or dirty.  My house is sometimes "messy" but not with dirt or nastiness. Just laundry or toys occasionally that get out of hand. Most times, my home is fine.  People that know me can either like me how I am or not.  There can be extremes at both end and middle of the road.  I know homes that are so clean the kids are not allowed to play or EVER make messes. That if said child does not pick up a toy within a few minutes said toy is gone. I know a person who barely lets you put your last bite of food in your mouth before she is cleaning up the table.  Any extreme can lead to issues.  Balance is key. I have also seen homes so messy  kids can't walk. That is a problem.  But those middle of the road homes, may not be what you would like but the kids are happy and well cared for and not living in filth.  People need to support others and stop judging. I for one am organizationally challenged. I am better than I used to be and have a way to grow. But my home isn't dirty, just has some clutter once in a while. I for one refuse to post pictures because of the judgements of CM moms who think everyone should live just like them to do it right.

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:08 AM

I keep my home clean and organized. Except for last week and part of this week. I am just now able to walk on my foot again. I sprained it really bad last week and couldn't walk for a few days. And the medicine they rx'ed me didn't help at all, it just made me sleep and it was hard to fall asleep with a sore, throbbing, achy foot. I am so happy to be walking again, LOL.

AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:09 AM
I swear between the ages of 12mos and 3/4, they make the biggest messes!

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't organize anything to save myself. I feel like I'm always cleaning. I have 2 boys 8&4 and an 18 month old girl. To be fair I live in a 2 bedroom apartment that's small, because that's what we can afford so we have plenty of stuff for 5 people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)