Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Messy house...edit! PICS page 5.

Posted by   + Show Post
Is your home messy? Why? I'm not being condescending, I'm truly asking. I am a SAHM, but also run an in-home daycare. My home is very neat and organized, and I don't put much effort into it. I spend maybe a total of an hour a day cleaning, minus laundry. When I used to be a working mom, I spent maybe 20 minutes every evening cleaning. In essence, I'm caring for 6 children each day and maintaining a clean home. I just don't understand the pic posts of proud messy homes proclaiming that moms would rather spend time with their kiddos than have a clean home when I do it daily just fine.

Updated to add pics, start on page 5.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Replies (61-70):
my4kids274
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have to agree with this. 

Yes my house is neat and tidy.  You just come across as being judgemental OP.  JMHO.

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Not condescending huh? Lol

ajdahd13
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:37 AM
2 moms liked this

I have never seen a messy house on here in one of those posts. I think you assholes correlate old and outdated with messy. Not everyone is rich (or husbands are rich I should say) 

JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I think with excellent structure in your day it could work. I don't have structure lol so I'm always cleaning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:40 AM
2 moms liked this

So you clean in 20 minutes, or that's how long you do extra stuff? You do all your dishes, 3 meals a day plus snacks, sweep, mop, pick up the house, do laundry, dust, windows, clean bathrooms, clean the kitchen, all in 20 minutes? I don't buy that for one single minute.

My house isn't messy, but it's not spotless. I am busy during the day homeschooling, cooking 3 meals, and taking care of life. Yes, part of that is cleaning. But, in a realistic world, it takes more than 20 minutes a day. I think you are not really counting your work time or someone else is doing the work.

smac28
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:41 AM

my house is in between. I dont leave crap laying everywhere but its not always neat and organized. i do however keep up on dishes, garbage, vacuuming and stuff that would make it dirty & disgusting.

SuDoNim
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:41 AM

I work part-time and go to school full-time, so housework isn't a huge priority right now. I don't like a sloppy or dirty house, but I don't have a lot of time to spend cleaning 3000 square feet, so I prioritize by doing a quick pick-up of the areas I'm kind of neurotic about: living room and bathrooms, then we do a deep cleaning of the whole house at the start of each season. I used to do a load of laundry every day, but I'd get backed-up and overwhelmed, so now laundry is done on Saturdays.

AmberRose1122
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:41 AM
I'm truly not. I'm just curious. I didn't mean to come across that way, I just wanted to know because a lot of people say they would rather spend time with their kids than have a clean home, but I do both. I do those that proclaim that think people with clean homes don't spend time with their kids?

Quoting my4kids274:

I would have to agree with this. 

Yes my house is neat and tidy.  You just come across as being judgemental OP.  JMHO.

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

Not condescending huh? Lol

June3May4June3
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

You're right, when I clean house it takes me an hour and if it weren't for the kids & dh it'd always be clean.

It depends on the people your living with. If they are slobs, your house always looks trashed even if you spend time cleaning it. As soon as your finished, they begin trashing it again.

There will be no one home and I can get my whole house spotless and looking nice in 1 hour, I do it all the time. Then it's trashed again in 10 minutes.

I had a neighbor who didn't believed I cleaned until they were over my house and witnessed it. They said they never seen anything like it. They couldn't belive how I was able to get the house so nice looking while they were in school than when they were all home, literally 10 minutes later it looks like a home from that show "how clean is your house"

My house never looks clean and it's depressing.

Drives me nuts.

You sound exactly like me. I clean everyday and by 5:00 in the afternoon it looks like I never touched my house.I have an almost 8 year old, almost 6 year old, and 10 month old. When the older two are home I clean constantly. Their daddy is just as bad. 

AmberRose1122
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:42 AM
No that's what I did when I was a working out of the home mom.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you clean in 20 minutes, or that's how long you do extra stuff? You do all your dishes, 3 meals a day plus snacks, sweep, mop, pick up the house, do laundry, dust, windows, clean bathrooms, clean the kitchen, all in 20 minutes? I don't buy that for one single minute.

My house isn't messy, but it's not spotless. I am busy during the day homeschooling, cooking 3 meals, and taking care of life. Yes, part of that is cleaning. But, in a realistic world, it takes more than 20 minutes a day. I think you are not really counting your work time or someone else is doing the work.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:43 AM

I dont get it either. I have a friend whos kid is 3 and 7 and she acts like she NEVER gets to clean. Then again she proities are all messed up, she has people over the second her kids are in bed. and she does things with her youngest all day long. I dont think its that hard do clean after the kids go to bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)