Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How Much Do You Spend On...

• A gift for a child's birthday party?
  • A baby shower gift?
  • A bridal shower gift?
  • A wedding gift?

I have a lot of these events coming up this spring/summer; some for close friends, some for acquaintances.I hate to be cheap, but since becoming a SAHM money is much tighter these days. Just curious to hear what other people spend.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Replies (371-371):
noel1978
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:25 AM

depends on how close you are with them. right now i've got a couple of birthdays coming up and i'm just getting the kids a dollar stuffed animal. 

the baby shower is going to the one that costs the most. i'm going to get a bottle of baby clothes soap for them. not sure if i'm going to do all or dreft. i used dreft on my daughters but some one told me all is better.

the other two, we're helping with the catering which is cutting their cost in half so that's what they get.

(althought just to be funny, we were thinking of getting them a dozen glazed dounuts and some pineapple juice. i'll let you guess why the dounuts but i told the bride to be about pineapple juice makes the man taste sweeter. it's true did the experiment on my hubby. it just takes him a week of drinking three glasses a day.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN