Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If i am a bridesmaid...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
And my DF if a groomsman, do we still buy a gift off the registry?? My dress she picked cost $400, his tux rental is $150. Oh and the shoes she made me buy were $125. Also i'm throwing the bridal shower for her with the other bridesmaids and we are each putting in $500 for that!! I don't want to be rude by not buying her a gift too but is it expected?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Yes, I still bought a gift. I spent more on my best friend's wedding than I did on my own.

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Honestly I'm not sure what is standard, but I always buy a gift too when I'm a bridesmaid. I usually don't go off the registry though, I like to get something sentimental, like Tiffany & Co champagne glasses 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:08 AM

I always give a gift, even if I am in the wedding party.  As a matter of fact, if I am in the wedding party it's probably a nicer gift than I give others because they would be a closer friend.

Pnukey
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:09 AM
4 moms liked this

Yes, it is still usual to get a gift off the registry. If a bride told me that gown was $400, I'd have stepped out of the wedding party right then. YIKES!!

SlightlyPerfect
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Yes. I'm a groomsman in my brother's wedding, and I bought him a gift. But we're related.

My thing is always that if I am in a wedding or going to one, I make sure to give a monetary gift that covers the cost per head and then the actual gift. So my advice is just provide your gift, since you're already in the wedding party.  The cost per head goes toward your party expenses. (The bridal party sounds too extreme for my taste, though.)

slightlyperfect

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly after all that, I would expect one. We paid for everyones dresses and rentals. That's a lot of coin to throw out. I would just offer to take her shopping at Victoria secret. If you do it right you can slide out of there under 50 bucks rather than 100+ gift off a list.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:12 AM

But I'm also not sure whether your gift should come from the registry. I would just get her something sentimental, like another mom suggested.

slightlyperfect

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Yes of course.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cupcake_mom
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

im not buying my bro and my bestie a gift, im a bridesmaid too. im making their deserts for FREE and i bought the dress and the shoes etc. i wouldnt be upset if i didnt get a gift from you. and really will they even notice?

abbysmommy429
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Yes, we still bought a gift. Granted it only cost between $50-75. Ugh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)