Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Our son is moving out today (I say through tears of joy and pain) LOL.  He is 20 and got his first apartment.  No roomates, no girlfriend. (just in case someone was going to ask).  So I'm trying to write a list of things he will need other then furniture.  

Can you help me with a list?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Replies (11-20):
mamabear55
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:32 AM

It's a male, so you better get LOTS of food! Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Plunger, lol sorry we just had a back up recently, thankful we had a plunger..lol

OMG YES!  I actually know he will need one, he always does damage to our toilet and I didn't even think about it.  

mommy2zbg
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:32 AM

towels, washclothes, shower curtain (if needed) pots, pans, glasses, plates, bowls, cooking utensils along with forks (etc), toilet paper, papertowels, mop and broom,

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Quoting melschlegs:

First aid kit! Sounds silly, but definitely something he'll want down the line!!

Thats a great idea.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Quoting mommy2zbg:

towels, washclothes, shower curtain (if needed) pots, pans, glasses, plates, bowls, cooking utensils along with forks (etc), toilet paper, papertowels, mop and broom,

Shower curtain!  He does need one and I didn't think about it.  When he gets off work at 2am tonight and goes to his new place to shower, he would not be happy. lol

mommy2zbg
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:38 AM

haha and make sure he has his toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, shaving cream, razor, soap, shampoo lol

also get some trash cans and bags... when i got my own place i forgot about those

Quoting mommy2zbg:

Shower curtain!  He does need one and I didn't think about it.  When he gets off work at 2am tonight and goes to his new place to shower, he would not be happy. lol

BKozICan
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Salt, pepper, onion powder. Baking soda (good for cleaning and putting out fires) Cookie sheet, spatula, slotted spoon. Extra light bulbs. One basic cookbook. Containers for leftovers.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM
A phone so can call his mama.

:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Vacuum, mop and broom. Paper towels and toilet paper. Hand towels, bath towels and dish rags. Silverware, plates, bowls and cups. Cleaning products of choice. Personal care items. Trash can with trash bags. Light bulbs and I recommend command hanging strips for hanging any pictures, posters ect on the walls. If he drinks coffee a coffee pot, toaster, blender ect. Pots and pans, cookie sheets, cake pan and pie pan.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Condoms?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)