Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

High functioning Aspergers!!!?? Say what??? What about you mom's with kids with Aspergers?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:15 AM
J3
  • 64 Replies

My DD (6 yrs old) teacher (who I am friends with and trust) says she has signs of very high functioning aspergers.  I have been playing phone tag and the waiting game with her doctor for a weel now.  I'm getting really pissed.  In the meantime I thought I would get some advise from you ladies.  For those with kids with Aspergers what were the signs for your child?

Are you on the Weight Watchers program? This is a group for support through your weight loss journey. No judging or drama here!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/118404

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hopeym23
by J3 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:18 AM

BUMP!

hopeym23
by J3 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:19 AM

BUMP!

thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:20 AM

shrugs

robyann
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:21 AM

BUMP!

MeridaMomma4
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hopeym23
by J3 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:25 AM

BUMP!

Cassidysmom611
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:25 AM

If you are concerned call your Pediatrician. 

My 3 year old has "classic" autism. She didn't speak, make eye contact, respond, and had social issues. 

Aspergers is at the "lower" end of the Autism spectrum. I don't know if there is such a thing as high functioning Aspergers  but more so high functioning autism. 

SunshineBird
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:26 AM

My son has classic autism so I can only give you an idea about his signs. What has her teacher pointed out? Does she have any odd or repetitive behaviors? Does she have fixations on anything? Any texture/sensory issues?

cutiesexy66
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Well for all the mom's with answers like bump and shrug that's very immature. She's here looking for answers. And here is my answer I have a 15 year old son who's very high functioning with Aspergers and it's so hard. My son we have to cut all the tags out his clothes, He don't have social skills at all, he don't play well with other kids his age, he don't watch TVs Or play his video games, he has major melt Downs over what I think is simple things. He can't learn like normal kids and has a iq of 60..........stay on the doctor until u reach them.......
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hopeym23
by J3 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Thank you for saying that about the shrug comment.  That was sooooo helpful of her. <rolls eyes>  Her main thing is social skills and transitioning from one hing to another in school and poor eye contact with her teacher and other things too....the teacher made a 2 page list of thigs she has noticed.  She has high intelligence though.  I'm just going to keep calling her doctor till I get some answers!

Quoting cutiesexy66:

Well for all the mom's with answers like bump and shrug that's very immature. She's here looking for answers. And here is my answer I have a 15 year old son who's very high functioning with Aspergers and it's so hard. My son we have to cut all the tags out his clothes, He don't have social skills at all, he don't play well with other kids his age, he don't watch TVs Or play his video games, he has major melt Downs over what I think is simple things. He can't learn like normal kids and has a iq of 60..........stay on the doctor until u reach them.......

Are you on the Weight Watchers program? This is a group for support through your weight loss journey. No judging or drama here!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/118404

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured