Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Okay, NOW I'm freaked out. **Update**

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:32 AM
  • 74 Replies

So some odd things are happening that I have absolutely no explanation for.

It started last night while I was in the bath. Dh was asleep, and I thought I heard the front door close. I wrote it off, since we live in an apartment building - I thought I was probably overreacting. Then, after my bath, I was getting everything ready for bed (I'm ALWAYS the one to lock the door at night), but the door was already locked. Okay, sometimes dh will lock the door, but unless I specifically ask, he NEVER touches the deadbolt. I thought it was kind of funny at first, so while I was waking dh up (he was in his recliner) to go to bed, I said, "aw, you locked the deadbolt, how sweet!"... but he looked at me like I was crazy and told me he didn't touch either lock - his hands were full with the pizza and his briefcase when he came home.

Then, this morning I had my ds in his room to play (8 months old), and he started reaching for something under his crib. I reached under to grab it, thinking he accidently pushed one of his toys under there, and I pulled out a cell phone cover that belongs to NO ONE in this house!

I'm really freaked out. I can't help but think of the urban legend in which a woman was living in the dude's house for over a year and he never knew it! *shudders*

**Update**

So, dh came home early today (his boss wanted to take him golfing, and he had to grab his clubs), and I had him search the entire house.  No dice.  I showed him the cell phone cover I found, and he told me to go ahead and leave it on the dry bar, which is what I did.  I took a nap later with the baby (being paranoid is exhausting!), and I swear to God, it was gone.  At this point I'm hoping I catch dh in the act of playing a sick game with me so I can slap him silly and get it over with!  Still, I feel more unnerved than ever.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melschlegs
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tlcory
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:34 AM
6 moms liked this

Oh how scary....set up a camera ASAP!

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:34 AM

lol , creepy

sthflachk
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Um....have you searched your apartment? I would change the locks too.
ajdahd13
1 mom liked this

Strange. Well at least they're considerate. 

Why aren't your doors always locked? Mine are. I'm ÜBER paranoid though. Lol 

melschlegs
I'm thinking about streaming our video baby monitor footage to our laptop...

Quoting tlcory:

Oh how scary....set up a camera ASAP!

jb0520
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:35 AM
That is so scary!
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:35 AM
That's crazy
frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Creepy!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pink.
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

The door, perhaps he locked it and forgot. He was half asleep. The cover, maybe a friend or family member visiting left it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)