Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Customer Service and Medical Worker..............

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

I fee like venting about my job.  

I'm tired of patients looking on the internet, calling me, telling me they are dying!  I'm tired of patients canceling 5 appointments, but when they are finally ready to be seen and I cant' get them in right away, they get mad.  I'm tired of people telling me that they need a refill on their medication, the day the run out and get mad when I don't fill it right away.  (which is mostly on puprose because they piss me off)

I work in GI, and GI issues, mostly, the statisic is actually 66%, caused by anxiety and mental instability.  These patients drive me nuts!

The best one so far in this specialty is a lady who told me that the blood test was not her results, that they stuck her, but no blood came out, they were lying".  Oh and the same lady told me that "poop came out of my vagina".  

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

sounds like you need to find a new field to work in

amiesmomma
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Why does the cause matter? The symptoms are no less intense than GI issues with other etiologies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Quoting amiesmomma:

Why does the cause matter? The symptoms are no less intense than GI issues with other etiologies.

It matters because they refuse to acknowledge it and accept it.  They look at you like you have 3 heads when you tell them that its in their heads.  They refuse to go to a therapist, they just want to keep coming here, getting drugs and tests.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:54 AM
I worked at an ob and this woman was like 89 years old and came in with some problems... the lining between her anus and vagina had torn from she and not being taken care of right and poop was coming out of her vagina. It was gross
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I have been stuck a quite a few times and no blood comes out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Sounds like you need a new job. 

And, just for the record, that last woman you talk about may have been talking out of her ass...BUT, it is possible for BM to come out of the vagina. It's called a rectovaginal fistula. I've seen it happen to someone once. It's awful. 

amiesmomma
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
You obviously know very little about anxiety and it's treatment. It's not "all in their heads", hence the looks they give you.

About 10% of my student caseload has one form of anxiety or depression or another. They seek treatment and many continue to have GI symptoms. Judgemental people, especially at their doctor's, office, are a reason some don't seek any treatment.

If you dont like your job, quit. Don't make someone else's life harder.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting amiesmomma:

It matters because they refuse to acknowledge it and accept it.  They look at you like you have 3 heads when you tell them that its in their heads.  They refuse to go to a therapist, they just want to keep coming here, getting drugs and tests.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I worked at an ob and this woman was like 89 years old and came in with some problems... the lining between her anus and vagina had torn from she and not being taken care of right and poop was coming out of her vagina. It was gross

Yeah, that is gross.  I've seen that.  And I've had a patient when I was in GYN who's uterus fell out of her vagina.  Funny thing is, she just pushed it back up there and came into the office like it was nothing.  She said, "I think something major happened down there".  LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I have been stuck a quite a few times and no blood comes out. 

I know, but we had her blood results in front of me!  I was lookign at them and she said it wasn't her blood!  LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Where do you work so I know to never go to your office. You sound like you need a new line of work. One that's not working with the public.

Quoting Anonymous:

I fee like venting about my job.  

I'm tired of patients looking on the internet, calling me, telling me they are dying!  I'm tired of patients canceling 5 appointments, but when they are finally ready to be seen and I cant' get them in right away, they get mad.  I'm tired of people telling me that they need a refill on their medication, the day the run out and get mad when I don't fill it right away.  (which is mostly on puprose because they piss me off)

I work in GI, and GI issues, mostly, the statisic is actually 66%, caused by anxiety and mental instability.  These patients drive me nuts!

The best one so far in this specialty is a lady who told me that the blood test was not her results, that they stuck her, but no blood came out, they were lying".  Oh and the same lady told me that "poop came out of my vagina".  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)