Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CPS says I am not ALLOWED to...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 248 Replies
1 mom liked this
Co-Sleep
Use CIO
Breastfeed on any type of medication (medication given to me that was approved for BFing)
Give my son Chamomile Tea
Do Extended Breastfeeding
Have any kind of arguement with my DH even with the baby not in the room.

I shit you not the worker said "We do not ALLOW", not "We do not recommend". We had CPS here 30 days ago for some false allegations and she said most of this here at our home. Then she called yesterday to close the case because obviously nothing was found and threw in the "I also got a report that you give him Chamomile Tea, that is not allowed because tea is not FDA approved." I told her "We use many all natural solutions instead of man made chemicals." She tried to say I needed to call my pedi and they would tell me it isnt allowed and I told her "No, I ALWAYS call the pedi for EVERYTHING (Lol, I say my sons name and they say "Oh good morning Brenda" <-- Not my real name) and they thought it was a great idea when I asked if I could give him some tea."
She also asked how we discipline our 7mo and when we said we dont she said we NEED to. What does my BABY do that needs discipline????
The sickest part is that when she said they do not allow co-sleeping she also said "We have a lot more facts on it than most doctors do. There have been 7 infant deaths just this year because of it" CHUCKLE. Um DO YOU REALLY FIND THAT FUNNY?! This system is fucked!

I didnt realize I was only allowed to parent one way....

What has CPS told you isnt allowed?

Edit: Wow I really though CIO would start the arguements, not tea. For the record... I have seen 3 doctors about my sons fussyness and not sleeping and after finding nothing they said to just give him Tylenol EVERY night. So I found something natural instead. So I seriously dont see how Tylenol is better than 2oz of tea... I also contacted 2 of these doctors BEFORE giving him the tea and they said to go ahead with it and even that it was a great idea...

Sorry if I confused everyone but they did close the case! That was why she called, she just wanted to tell me he couldnt have tea anymore before closing.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:15 AM
29 moms liked this
CPS hasn't told me anything, because we've never been investigated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pink.
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:15 AM
5 moms liked this

Why does a bf infant need tea?

sweetmelissa777
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Never been investigated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:18 AM
3 moms liked this
He doesnt sleep. He gets 2oz of tea cut with 2oz of water right before bed. He will sleep for 3-4 hours straight eight after having it. Then he is awake every 20-40 minutes as usual. He is old enough for juice (does not get any), why does a BF baby need juice??

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

Why does a bf infant need tea?

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:20 AM

The case was closed, who cares what they say?  CPS at one point wouldn't allow BM and her DH to live in the same home, she wasn't allowed to drink and she wasn't allowed to be around any of her kids unless it was supervised.

kzuehlk
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:20 AM
My stepson's mom made a false report on me years ago. At the time I was cosleeping with then newborn DS. They said they "don't allow it." When I told them I wouldn't be changing our sleeping arrangements, they simply left and closed the case. They can't do anything about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
My3beautys
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:20 AM
2 moms liked this
They told my sister a lot of crazy stuff. Everyday she tells me something new. Like when a mom works and leaves kids with a setter you are emotionally neglecting the children by working.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RobinBright
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:22 AM
2 moms liked this

They haven't told me anything, because they've never been involved in our family.

wyattsmom2009
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:22 AM
6 moms liked this

You can call and report the worker to the supervisior because they cannot tell you that you can't do any of those things. Especially if your Peditrician has said it is okay

Peytonsmommy310
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:22 AM
This.

Quoting PhoenixsMommy10:

CPS hasn't told me anything, because we've never been investigated.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured