Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Man in the Hall

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

Several months ago I started seeing something out of the corner of my eye. I ignored it for a while, but it became more and more pronounced. Finally it was fully there, or rather HE was fully there.

He was dressed in black and wearing a hat, though I couldn't tell you which kind if you asked me, and he was leaning against the wall near a painting in the upstairs hall. I saw him several times.

I didn't tell the kids what I'd seen. I didn't want to scare them. DH and I didn't speak about it when they were around, so there's no way they could have known what I'd been seeing.

My son came into our room crying a few nights later. I asked him what the problem was; if he had a nightmare because he was shaking. He told me he'd seen a man in the hallway. I couldn't even speak for a second. I asked him what he looked like and he said, "Dressed in black and wearing a hat" I asked where he'd seen him. He pointed to the exact spot in the hall that I'd seen the man. I comforted him and got him settled back into bed, but I was majorly creeped out.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM

wow , how creepy
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

confused What's with the goat? And yes, it is very creepy.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Yikes, I would honestly move house if something like that happened to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Personally, I believe in things like that.........spirits, demons, etc.  Every time my gs is here he says he sees something standing in front of the extra bedroom.  When I ask him what they look l ike he says a monster.....he's 9 if it matters.

beethann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:31 AM
I'd be moving!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

scarletmeshell
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Take your house back! When your kids are not around tell the man in the hall he isn't welcome here and to move on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:36 AM

That's the weird thing. He is gone now. It's like he was passing through. 

DH never sees or hears anything. Neither does my daughter. If something happens it's my son or me. Usually just me, thank goodness. 

We do have a nursing home right up the hill, and there are deaths every now and then. It's been suggested to me that maybe some spirits from there stop by and say hello to the closest person/people who can sense them. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Google the man in the black hat.
It happened to me and my sister when we were teenagers.
He is an ominous warning.
Our uncle died soon after seeing him. And it seemed to be a continuous stream of bad luck after that. Our family went way downhill. I didn't look into the man in the black hat until years later and I read up on it and was like 'oh well that makes sense now'
PhoenixV
by PhoenixV on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I would be worried about it too...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured