Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How soon do you think you'll need that gun?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:01 AM
  • 34 Replies
So i just got done reading a post about ammo shortage and it got hubby and i talking about people stocking up on ammo&guns and like doomsday preppers. Well im not against it im just wondering how soon people believe or think the time will come that they be in survival or protection mode. Sorry im not good at wording things but, hubby thinks things are gonna get progressively worse during these next 4 yrs we haven't really gotten in depth about it and i really just started looking into politics and the news (i know shame one me i should already be aware and knowing this kinda stuff). Anyway what do you think may happen and roughly when or what do you think the straw that breaks the camels back will be??
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
finnbar
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM

personally, I think our President has already given us the time-line. He has clearly stated that he needs TEN years to "fix the economy"...  a president gets only eight years under normal circumstances, so?  Draw your own conclusions.

MommyofJustin
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:04 AM
2 moms liked this
Well they wsre talking about authorities coming to takw our guns away leaving only those authorities (our government) with guns. So people are stocking up on guns and ammo before they are illegal to buy.. i think we will need them soon...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sept-babies2
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I am not sure but we have plenty guns and ammo for when the time comes. Atleast for a little while.
danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this

We are preppers...

But not because we think the world is going to end.

And not because we think something is going to happen in the near future, like a societal collapse.. or a long term power outage.. or a big disaster of some kind.

We do it because we can.

I would rather have a gun and know how to use it, than not have one and NEED it.

Same with food and water and medical supplies. I'd rather have them put away and never need them, than run the risk of watching my children starve or thirst to death.. or get killed trying to get what we need.

Shit happens. I'd rather be prepared and feel secure.. than not.

It's so easy to be prepared. So why not?

During the Japan earthquake.. and the tsunami.. and Katrina.. people had to stand in line for days to get a small bottle of water to share between their children.

That won't happen to my family.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:16 AM
I don't think anything will happen. I don't own a gun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Yeah, I agree here. I think we will need them soon.

Quoting finnbar:

personally, I think our President has already given us the time-line. He has clearly stated that he needs TEN years to "fix the economy"...  a president gets only eight years under normal circumstances, so?  Draw your own conclusions.

idunno1234
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Need a gun for what??

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:23 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm buying shares in tin foil...so I'm ready...

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Link?

Quoting finnbar:

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MommyofJustin:

Well they wsre talking about authorities coming to takw our guns away leaving only those authorities (our government) with guns. So people are stocking up on guns and ammo before they are illegal to buy.. i think we will need them soon...

Who is 'they'?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)