Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this normal???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

My DD is 4 years old and shes super active and clumsy. Shes always running around and horsing around and I've noticed her legs seems to be covered in bruises a lot. Especially from this weekend, we took her to a big playground and she played for about 3 hours. The next day she had 5 new bruises on her legs they are small but still.. Is this normal?? Or should I worry???

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmymonkeys27
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Why would you worry? She's active, she bumps into things, she gets bruises. Sounds pretty standard to me. 

do11face
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Yes, normal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

Why would you worry? She's active, she bumps into things, she gets bruises. Sounds pretty standard to me. 

IDK I just wanna make sure shes not bruising too easily. Shes my only child so I never know whats normal and whats not.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Totally normal

SammiBaby
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Very normal, to me at least. I have 2 boys so you can only imagine the amount of bruises, bumps and bloody messes I find. When I was a kid I had bruises all the dang time. Not that I was clumsy just very active.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:33 AM

probably normal but excessive bruising could also be a sign of other things. i would mention it to her DR at her next appointment. 

VannaMae307
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:33 AM

potassium intake can limit the amount of bruises. have her eat a banana every morning and see if the bruising slows down a little bit.

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Some people bruise super easy!
Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Yes, my 3 yo is the same, she is a Tom boy. I'm always worried people will think I'm hitting her legs its so bad.
ittyprincess604
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:33 AM
My 4 to is the same way. I wouldn't worry unless they are huge and take an extra long time healing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)