Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I the wrong one here?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

My step son has lived with me for 5 years.  His mother is not a very nice person and he didnt' want to live with her.  He was 15.  He came to me insecure, huge mommy issues and afraid of his own shadow from being yelled at for every little thing.  He didn't even know what foods, movies, anything, he liked actually, or what she had told him had to like.  I taught him how to think for himself, how to be responsible.  How to shrug it off when he made a mistake instead of beating himself up.  

I have spent countless nights listening to him cry because his mother isn't involved.  Holding him when he has girlfriend problems because he carries so much baggage around from his mother.  Its been a challenge to say the least.

But today he is movign out on his own.  His own home and we are so proud of him.  I took a picture of him packing, and posted it on Facebook saying how proud I am of him.  How far he has come and how I will miss his laugh and our talks.  I said how blessed I am to have been a part of his journey.

His mother blew up my email and my phone with texts, along with some of her family saying I was being insensative and making her look like a bad mother!  WTF?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Someone should let her know she was a bad mom. Glad you could help him. I'm sure you two will always have a great bond. Does he talk to his mom now?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Just ignore her, not sure why shes on your fb though

christina0607
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I think it may have been insensitive. People aren't perfect and not eveyrpne has what it takes to be a great or even a good mom, but she's his mom none the less. 

Dishonored
You are not a bad mother. You're simply proud of your child. If she hasn't Been in his life She has no room to get pissed off. I don't see how you were being insensitive either
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jade_Lufercus

The truth hurts. She IS a bad mother. I'd tell her to suck it up, that it's your right to be proud of YOUR SON, because you've been more of a mother to him that she was.

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:37 AM

she's letting her guilt make her defensive! 

mommymelissa76
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:38 AM

She sounds like a piece of work. Block her from FB and ignore her. Sounds like she is trying to get a rise out of you because she's guilty as hell.

Oostera
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Your not wrong. She's taking it out on you because she KNOWS she was crappy to him but she doesn't want to put the blame on herself.

Be proud of your DSS! You deserve to be proud of him and he deserves to be proud of himself.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

it's very typical that she feels the need to rip you a new one.  You're the mother she couldn't be.  Ignore the bitch and be happy for your son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Quoting momoftwo0406:

Someone should let her know she was a bad mom. Glad you could help him. I'm sure you two will always have a great bond. Does he talk to his mom now?

He does, he tries to bond with her.  But all she does is keep the relationship about her.  I posted once before about her.  We live in a beach town.  She lives in another state.  She comes here to party and doesnt' tell him that she is here!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)